Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Walter H White, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Getting a bong soon.
    I've never had one myself because my best friend has one and I would just use his.

Sooo I need some help from you guys in choosing.

A few questions:
    What brand should I get?
    Do you like straight or flask better?
    Are non-essential accessories worth it for starting off?

Keep in mind, I'm looking for something less than $100.

2. Look for a nice straight glass bong in the 40-60 range for your first one, doesn't matter what brand. As far non-essentials, maybe a nice slide.

3. if it was me i would look at the black leaf on grasscity the one is cheap, has an ashcatcher, making cleaning the actual bong less of a hastle saving you time has a perc to filter smoke through as well as it being a bubble bottom, more like a flask or beaker bottom, which i think is better for milking on cheaper bongs. heard good things about it, nice look pretty decent size/price for a first bone!

link to it : Black Leaf - 3-arm Perc Ice Bong with Ashcatcher - Black - Vaporizers - Grasscity.com

4. Don't go too fancy on your first bong. I hate to say it, but there's a good chance it will get broken/stollen/taken etc.

Stick with something simple, and nothing too tall. You never know when you'll want to pack it up and take it somewhere.

As for accessories, there really isn't much you need. You can always add more pieces as you get used to owning a bong.

Biggest thing will be getting a slide (or bowl) that suits you, and some sort of diffused downstem.

Good luck with bong ownership! It really is awesome :)

5. #5 CaptainBobbo, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    First bong?:

-Get a small to medium sized (nobody wants to drag out a couple foot monster bong every time)

-Glass on glass joint set up (not necessary, but usually don't break as easily, seal nicely, and have more aftermarket accessory options)

-Also consider Ice notches (you can always add on a perc, or filter, or ashcatch... but you can't add on an glass ice catch easily.... Also, highly recommended.)

-Decide carb hole/no carb hole (I've been a big fan of the no carb set up).

Brand is up to you, as is everything, even glass thickness if you're careful. I would also say I prefer the tube over the beaker set up, you can usually clear them faster. Get a simple, shorter, GoG tube and you won't regret it.

:smoking::cool:

6. I'll add that you should also think about how easy it is to clean it. Know a lot of dudes with good bongs that look kinda shitty now cause they can't access the percolator or salt grains get stick in the holes. That kinda shit.

7. id look for a simple 10-12inch glass bong, i like beaker base personally. but straight tubes are definatly nice too. and the accessories would put you over your spending limit... sooo probably not.