Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong Headaches

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ReggieKuush, May 26, 2013.

1. My buddy just got a 2 foot glass bong with a perc. It looks awesome but usually after 2-3 bowls of some master kush or blueberry kush i tend to get a splitting throbbing headache. Because of this I now usually roll a joint or dont smoke more than one bowl. Ive never gotten this in all my times smoking bongs, but then again ive never smoked from such a big bong that you can punch .2-.3 bowls of grinded dro in. Any suggestions to avoid this or is my body/diaphragm just gonna get used to this bong.

2. im interested to see answers also. recently if i smoke any where from 3 to 4 bowls or more i end up with migraine type headaches

3. I'd say most likely it's from the bong being so large.  Since you have to pull a lot to milk it after a few bowls you may be mildly oxygen deprived.  I'd also guess that something so big would make me cough a lot, which can also cause it.

4. Were you using a lighter? Butane has a tendency to cause headaches due to the gas and it's impurities. If you were torching your bowls in a bong, you could be concentrating the butane into the smoke.

5. yeah i always use a bic lighter. ive heard that bout doubted it, i bought a hemp string lighter thing so hopefully il be good now

6. Do you take stems out when you grind your weed? I used to not, but I noticed it gave me a headache...

7. #9 jakegetsbaked91, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    ^^^ both these were my initial thoughts when I read the thread. Have gotten migraines from both these

Edit. Your not smokin mids are ya op?? Mids always give me headaches

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I think the chlorophyll or some plant matter in the bud has the potential to cause headaches; because I've noticed after a day of wayyy too much smoking I'll often end up with a headache; whereas I can dab all day long and never get anything of the sort; though I'll probably fall asleep a lot sooner hahah

This was also much more prominent when my weed connections weren't so good; hows your quality/quantity ratio lookin OP?

9. Ya man I tend to get real bad headaches whenever I hit my bong too. It's a shame because I've never really gotten to enjoy my bong because I usually feel like shit my entire high. I guess some people just can't take all that smoke in them.

You just need better weed. Stop smoking dirty regs and mids and you won't get a headache.

11. funny, i get headaches smoking on pipes. i always thought it was something in the un-filtered smoke.

12. You just need better weed. Stop smoking dirty regs and mids and you won't get a headache.
    </blockquote>
    Way to be a dick and assuming you know what I'm smoking without even knowing me haha

13. #15 Wiggibow, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013

because thats the only  conclusion that we can really come to based on the info you gave lol of course nobody here "knows" you what did you expect? the vast majority of people don't get a headache EVERY TIME they hit their bong. Something must be causing this; its not just happening for no reason dude.
    Mids and reggie tend to give experienced tokers headaches, whereas high quality bud generally doesn't. Its an extremely logical assumption of him to believe you're smoking low quality stuff if you apparently get a headache every single time you hit your bong....

14. because thats the only conclusion that we can really come to based on the info you gave lol of course nobody here "knows" you what did you expect? the vast majority of people don't get a headache EVERY TIME they hit their bong. Something must be causing this; its not just happening for no reason dude.
    Mids and reggie tend to give experienced tokers headaches, whereas high quality bud generally doesn't. Its an extremely logical assumption of him to believe you're smoking low quality stuff if you apparently get a headache every single time you hit your bong....

</blockquote>
    There are other logical conclusions to come to, you're too hung up on assuming the quality of his weed to see the other ones

If it's everytime he hits the bong, it could be his combustion source,IE the lighter

15. 10 points for gryffindor!

16. Do you cough hard? a few hard coughs can send you into a mean headache

17. I have a 2 foot inline and I've never gotten a headache from it, and it's my daily piece. 

are you mixing two different strains? (witches brew causes headaches)
    are you coughing too much?
    are you using a lighter and or torching it?
    are you grinding up stems?

my suggestion is to take smaller hits. you can still finish an entire bowl, just take your time with it. it's not going anywhere.

18. I started getting wicked headaches when smoking a lot, then I started using a hemp wick instead of my trusty bic/clipper. It really helped. Another thing that helps is making sure you're not dehydrated, I find that when I haven't had enough water that day I get really bad headaches and I'm usually using lighters...
    I like using ice because it seems to help cut down on the dryness of the smoke for me and also helps with headaches!

• Like Like x 1