Bong features you would want to see

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jennywestwong, May 23, 2018.

1. Hi everyone, I am an industrial design student and would love to get some ideas from fellow bong lovers. The market right now is pretty saturated with the "typical" bong revolving around thick glass, percs and ice catchers. But I haven't seen many that can detach for easier cleaning, or something that tries to lower the center of gravity to counter tipping over. What are some really cool/useful features that you guys would love to see in a bong?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea you are right very few options that are fresh. Is this for a school project ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. A few years ago I build something that allowed me to tuck a joint into my bong . It worked much better than I expected.
    That should be mass produced ideally by me

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 201D4A18-A95F-48B6-B29B-F15D66B9EDEC.jpeg
    I’m looking for a smoking device that will also double as a sex toy so that when I’m not using it my wife can.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. all glass (thick glass)...encased in a rubber case and rubber Base. the rubber case should be see through rubber so you can see through to the glass.

Simple bongs are the best bongs because they are easier to clean. It could be a 2 part glass bong so you clip the tip onto the bottom so it's easier cleaning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. if you will be marketing it then anything with with california or cali in the name does well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I like colored glass so I can't see how stained my bubbler is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ''The market right now is pretty saturated with the "typical" bong revolving around thick glass, percs and ice catchers''

the market is saturated with unnecessary over-complicated designs as far as percolation goes. Very few brands are taking it as seriously as we smoke it. and it's funny, but percs don't do much for function and smoothness unless it's the real expensive shit like soverignty etc. if it's just normal bongs then the percs are just to look cool and mad-scientist-y . i sugest doing like Gravlabs did with their biggest beaker : go back to the very basics, and improve on that. my personal opinion on the current bong industry is that no one is giving a shit about the function, just making bongs to look cool with crazy percs inside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, this is for a school project, and I am looking to see if there is any way to elevate a bong's usability and functionality.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have done quite a bit of research and see that there is a growing trend of users trying to smoke their vapes through their bongs. Personally I have not tried it yet, but yeah, a joint would be something similar to try. Would you say the smoke is a lot easier to inhale?

11. This is a cool concept, but I don't think i can submit it for a school project lol. Thanks for the input though!

12. Yeah, right now I feel that separating my bong designs into 2 parts will be the main feature, aside from easier water filling and cleaning, it can also be a benefit to storing/shipping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. this thing is actually on sale now lol

14. i
    i am with you 100%, it seems like everyone is only out there to blow some glass that is extra fancy, but not really improving the functionality. Have you seen any lately that made you go "WOW"?

15. as far as bongs that i can name, the gravlabs beaker is amazing, the most well thought out functionality in a bong i ever seen. it looks like just a beaker, but once you actually USE it you realize that everything is there for a reason and to make the function better. other than that i just found random bongs from dhgate who really fullfiled my demands, thicc beakers with the joint at the proper angle for me to insert a extra long downstem that will touch the very edge

16. I came across this waterpipe called aura waterpipe. DId you see that ? Mad expensive but looks very functional.

17. Yeah it'd be lit if I owned a bong that could split into two or three pieces so I could clean every last speck of it. (There probably is one out there)

18. No but it gets you incredibly high

• Like Like x 1
  19. Agreed, I love my 4 piece Sheldon Black bubbler and will probably buy another one if it ever breaks. The modular design allows for really easy cleaning of the showerhead downstem perc which can get clogged very quickly if you don't use a screen like I do. The mouthpiece also slides off the main body, allowing easier access to the more curved areas of the glass.

It's a lot like this one but mine's a little nicer- Basic Bubbler F19

I would like to see a removable showerhead downstem, ice catchers, and it should separate just below the ice catchers since that it usually a pain in the ass to clean. I would also kind of like to see you implement some sort of diffuser or built in glass screen that you could load up with coconut carbon and/or cotton if so desired for extra filration, but implementing this in a way where you don't inhale it instantly might be challenging lol.

• Like Like x 1