Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong cleaning

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sphire, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to clean my hand bong, and its really not working. I've tried bleaching it using cif and even stuffing cotton wool in there! So if anyone has any ideas (other than buying a cleaning kit, which i will do so soon) i would really be greatful. Thanks!

2. Never heard of that salt and rubbing alcohol method apparently, nothing works better.

3. The thing is though that i can't actually get to the bottom of my bong, the rush hole is tiny and really awkward to get to where the main messy stuff is.

4. Whats a rush hole?

Put a few table spoons of salt (enough so it stops dissolving) and then add a cup or so of 90%+ rubbing alcohol

and

SHAKE

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 comrade, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    for real I thought it was pretty self explanatory..
    to the OP, you are making this harder than it needs to be man

edit: a rush hole or carb is the vent hole near the bottom of some bongs that helps you clear the smoke out. plug it while you take your hit and release at the end of your hit.

6. yeah. check out the sticky dude. "official piece cleaning guide".
    in a nutshell:

- put your piece in a plastic baggy.

- pour rubbing alcohol into the baggy

- put salt into the baggy.

- seal the baggy.

- shake shake shake. shake shake shake. shake your bootay.

7. Boiling glass works fairly well to get that last bit out.

I must mention this method can weaken the glass... I have personally never had a problem.

8. Everyone is saying about rubbing alcohol, where would be the best place to pick something like that up? A supermarket or something? Cheers for all the replys, this is exactly why i joined up to this forum ^^

9. Pretty much anywhere with a pharmacy should also sell rubbing alcohol. Get 90% or above if you can.

10. Yes.,

11. If you dont want to do the salt and alcohol method, headshops usually sell really good cleaning supplies. I use 420 cleaner, alot of people say that its just more expensive and a waste of money but i have actually used both and compared many times and nothing makes your bong shine any brighter than 420 cleaner.

12. u really had to necro a post from 11 years ago just to shill for your stupid cleaning product? gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Damn I wanted to be the one to say this

14. I just use some 90% alcohol and a paper towel taped to a pencil. Works great in my case. Acetone will really clean it but, I’d stray away from it since it’s very strong and it’s fumes can be explosive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum