Bong cleaning???

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ultramaxx, Jun 20, 2020.

1. I was curious how you personally clean yours. And or were the cheapest supplies of rubbing alcohol? All my local stores charge a lot for small jugs ??,
    Any alternatives to rubbing ?

Any ways to clean the bong and collect the resins or is that not a practical thing ???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i use dish washer soap packets, and let it soak over night. it works pretty well. Isopropyl is typically very cheep, but it's price skyrocketed with corona. resin is nasty, you don't want to smoke it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just used the last of my iso alcohol and salt cleaning my largest piece. Hope it's not too expensive

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

4. Tried actual bong cleaning liquids and for the price Iso Alcohol and salt is still the cheapest. Rubbing alcohol back down to 99 cents a pint here. Cost more than gold a month ago.

5. I use degreaser.

Nevada Grown

6. Ok so you can soak it overnight with dish soap .....?? Nice
    Thanks for help

I never could get it 100% clean tho when using salt $ alchohol . Weird

7. if you have hard water, it can make the resin stains really stick. and not liquid dish soap but the cleaning pods. liquid dish soap wont work nearly as well. also if you do have hard water, get some stuff specifically for that and it will eat it away. shaking it from time to time will help also.
    [​IMG]

8. I used "Mean Green" It's $5 a gallon so it's cheaper than ISO. You can use it over and over. I just fill the bong up before bed and in the morning, dump the Mean Green into a 2 liter pop bottle to use again. It comes out sparkling clean like brand new without even shaking it.

• Like Like x 1

9. I do the same as well. Rubbing alcohol and salt works wonders. I keep a bottle of randy's around for the more stubbern stains

10. Than wash your bong real good? Do you notice anything different when you smoke

11. Yes. "Mean Green" is not a chemical. It's soap. It's a soap for washing walls, siding, grimey things. It's soap sort of like Simple Green. It's not even a detergent. You know how Dawn dish soap is for grease, so is mean green. You can dilute it to wash floors. I use it full strength in the bong and pour it out and it's full of bubbles just like bubble bath. The stuff is amazing though. If you have Walmart, it's by the Mr. Clean.

• Like Like x 1
  12. To answer your question on harvesting of the resin. I remember a lonnnggg time ago, about a decade when money was very tight and I was month to month with my paychecks. I was just starting my business and it was hard man.

When I was out (and this was very rare I’d almost always have a friend, or could trade some aquarium plants to my local dealer for some wax.. like 1 day a month every 3 months. ) I would breakdown and take a dab of the weed resin. It’s absolutely horrible, will only work for the first dab to get you high, you get a headache and it’s just overall not worth it. It’s always a regret.

Now on the other hand, if you can manage to salvage some of the wax from wax bongs: that’s a little cleaner to redab

But now adays I don’t have to worry about money and have plenty and plenty of ounces of pot. Hahaha

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I buy it and dilute it in my sprayer and clean my engines with it, i love the stuff, i buy it from the dollar store for $5 a gallon, thank you for the tip, i cant find rubbing alcohol for shit anywhere

14. Oh good so you know what Mean Green is. I love the stuff too. I've never found anything that cleans bongs or pipes as well. And I can use it over. That's what I like. I pour it in my bong and then after it's sparkling clean, I pour it into a 2-liter bottle. The stuff is really amazing. Everyone I've shown how well it works loves it too. It makes cleaning so easy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks i appreciate the tip, i cleaned some pieces and it works like a charm

16. Dishwasher soap/detergent works very well, its designed/formulated? to soak in & then allow gunk to just almost fall off in soaking.

17. Dishwashers tablets, clean every night so shes shiny next morning and fuck resin don't smoke it.

18. Can you wash it in the dishwasher???
    Yeah resin hurts your lungs smoke loud instead...

19. After being able to have some freedoms where I live. And use to be highly against all cleaners but ISO.
    Now I know why I can own a nice functional piece of not worry about it being a PITA to clean.

If you can find it, or buy it online. I reccommend
    Resinate® Cleaners • Best Glass, Bong Cleaner On The Market
    Very little is needed and will do a super amazing job. I go for the blue version only.

If however in a pinch, the 710 Super strength works. (Makers of the 420 Cleaner, which I have not used)

Otherwise if cheap, and you are able to use salt, then Randys Black label is okay.

Otherwise, ISO and if used salt, but aint best for hard to clean pieces.

Please note: I now consider collecting resin of any type except reclaim from my banger as a waste and uneeded to worry about. So I clean my daily driver about every 3 or 7 days.
    Or when switching from flower to concentrate or vica versa when using the same piece.

20. I really don't think there is anything cheaper or better than Mean Green.
    It's $5 for a whole gallon and you can use it over. I've been using this same gallon which is still half full for over 6 months and I clean everything about every 3 days.

• Like Like x 2