Bong Cleaning Solution

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DrLoch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hey People! 

1st off I will introduce myself as this is my 1st time posting and i only signed up this morning! 
    I am a enthusiastic smoker for 13 years now, but only use bongs and occasionally a blunt, I venture over to Holland about 3-4 times a year for smokes and for my music! 

I recently joined the hype of glass bongs last year instead of doing what I previously done, getting plastic bong, using till it was dirty then throwing it away, not only bad for the environment but for my bank balance, But found there wasn't to much choice in bong cleaning solutions, THAT ACTUALLY DONE THE JOB! So i done some research and now i have started bottling and selling my own formula on ebay, The stuff works wonders and I am convinced its better than most competitors out there.

Come check it out....

Chemical Brothers Bong Cleaner

Im not gonna put direct link as don't wanna be a SPAMMER!

Peace out, and happy smoking!

The Dr!       :bongin:

2. How does it compare to grunge off?

3. Ive not tried grunge off, funnily i cam across this company today, there are 3 companies i have used and thats m** a*****, Dr g****, And R**R, Dont wanna put full names as dont wanna get in trouble!

4. Alcohol and salt brother.  It has never failed me.

5. I can attest to the fact that the roor cleaner is crap and doesn't work well, it's no better than iso and salt...probably worse.

Previously I've written posts about the chemistry of why cleaners work.  It's basically due to the polarity of the solvent.  Water is polar due to the electronegativity of the oxygen pulling on the hydrogen electrons.  The tar and resins that build up on the bong is largely hydrocarbons and nonpolar residue.  Alcohol is less polar than water which is why it works better, the methyl groups aren't as electronegative as the oxygen in water. 

Grunge off is a new generation of bong cleaning, it's a lipid based cleaner, it's slippery and has an oily feel to it.  It's a non polar solvent and since it is even more nonpolar than alcohol, it's a more efficient cleaner.  It's better than all the older stuff IMO.  I've used iso and salt for over a decade to clean glass, the first time I tried grunge off was the last time I ever bought iso for bong cleaning. 

I've had pieces caked in reclaim after weeks of smoking oil.  Overnight soak in grunge off and rinse with water and I'm done cleaning...no shaking, no heating, add it and rinse it off.