Bong bowl/downstem broke, how to determine new bowl size?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Brian Welch, Jun 20, 2017.

  1. My down stem and bowl broke recently and I'm debating on if I should just get a new bowl or a new bong entirely but the problem is I don't know which size bowl to get if I do go that route, any ways to tell which size bowl I have?
  2. If it's a glass fitted unit
    It's typically a 14 or a 18
    14 is roughly pinky size and 18 is roughly thumb size
    Many units use a 18 male 14 female downstem with a 14 male bowl
    This is what you'll probably want if thumb fits in fitting on actual bong
  3. Would it matter if there's a rubber piece where the bowl/downstep goes?
  4. Here's a photo

    Attached Files:

  5. that's a classic...
    You should either bring the rubber grommet to the smoke shop and get a new down stem and slide or upgrade to a glass on glass like I was talking about
  6. Will any downstem work?
  7. Your current unit is a 12mm downstem

Share This Page