bong attachments

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Bleenix, Jul 26, 2012.

1. hey blades, quick question:

I've been smoking glass for years, but this past week I bought a really nice glass on glass bong (galaxy scientific series) 14mm. I went to the village yesterday and got a new diffused downstem which makes it 18mm. I also got an ashcatcher with percolators that fits into the 18mm downstem. only problem is that its heavy and the bong tilts over if its not in a certain position. I'm new to this whole accessory aspect of bongs so I'm just curious, is that normal? do I always keep both parts separate when not in use?

thanks!

2. #2 t platinum 06, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Yeah you just got too heavy of an ash catcher. When they are connected be very careful and dont let some dumbass who doesn't know what he is doing use it, but whenever you're done using it i would definitely recommend keeping them detached.

Also you could have gotten the ash catcher with the joint being at the wrong angle. You may have gotten a 90 degree instead of a 45 or vice versa

3. Ya check if u got 45/90 and also grab some k klips just broke a shower head a/c which may have been avoided with a clip

4. its def at some wrong angle

5. Your tube has a downstem, so you need a 45 degree ashcatcher.
    Also... it sounds like you got an 18/18 downstem, which is great, but they're longer than 14/18's. Just makes it a bit easier to tip if you don't have a heavy/large tube. Like plat said, better to just keep them detached until in your hands.

Posting pics would help tons... no more guessing.