Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bong acrylic or glass

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadee, Apr 18, 2009.

1. been thinking about getting a bong but i wanna know if theres a dif between how they hit cuz idc that much about looks and i don't wanna get a glass one and then like a month later it gets smashed

2. Do a search

3. Glass ones are cool for seeing the smoke fill up a chamber, and acrylic ones are pretty sturdy. From my experience I'd say just they hit mostly the same, but the acrylic one I use has a glass bowl so idk if that makes a difference. In my opinion I'd say to get the cooler looking one.

4. You will find that the acrylic one is a lot harder to clean and after a while the taste is not as good as when first purchased

5. aight thn 4 the input guys
    and when u said acrylic tasted bad did u mean when u don't clean it it tastes bad or it tastes bad even when its clean

6. #6 mcduffz, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    The guy means that it will eventually develop a bad taste in it even if cleaned. Thing is some of the resin and stuff seep into the plastic making it impossible to clean. And now for my opinion. Coming from a man who owns acrylic and glass i will break down the pros/cons of each. Acrylic Pros- cheap, almost impossible to break, better then smoking homemades Acrylic cons- taste like ass, smells more ( for me anyway), harder to clear all the smoke. Glass there is only 1 con and thats if you drop it. Glass taste much better, its easier to clean, looks nicer, and easier to clear all the smoke inside making you higher. Overall i would say go glass. You can even get cheap glass bongs that are good. I went to the headshop a few weeks ago with $50 exactly expecting to come out with a bubbler, instead i came out wit a foot and a half glass bong with a slide and down stem. The glass bong i got was a great deal. Its big standing in at 17 inches, its surprising very thick glass ( thicker then my neighbors glass on glass bong that cost him $200) and it has so far has been amazing for me. Overall i say go glass or ur a ass:D

7. mcduffz thank man that helped a shitload
    major plus rep

8. Haha go glass or your an ass.
    I started with an acrylic bong, eventually it cracked. Plastic tastes bad and you can't even clean it. Just go with glass and be CAREFUL, if you get acrylic you will have to replace it eventually since you can't clean it. Glass has no taste and is better than plastic and metal. If you treat it well glass will last forever. I broke my first glass bong maybe a week or 2 after purchase. Since then I haven't broken any glass, I am extremly careful when cleaning and walking around with glass. I broke it cuz I was cleaning it, but the outside got wet and it slipped right from my grip to a shallow grave, or more like a bathtub

9. acrylic will last longer, probably... be easier to store, and would be cheaper (i would say they are good for starters :p) you'll probably have to replace this within 6-8 months
    glass - a lot nicer, most are made of thick glass so it won't break easily, and won't leave a bad taste when you smoke...