bone meal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by stickynugs, Jul 25, 2008.

1. i am currently using BLOOD MEAL for my plant. it started showing sex like 2 weeks ago. and started branching out and making pistils. i was wondering when should i start giving it BONE MEAL instead of bloodmeal.
    and is there anythign else i should be giving the plant besides nitrogen and phosperous.thank u

2. Veg (until July 25th about depending on where you live= mostly nitrogen (N) + P + K
    Flowering (now until 2 weeks before harvest i.e. october 1st)=mostly phosphorous (P) + K + N.

I use liquid chemical ferts :)devious:). Bone meal has phosphorous , Blood meal has Nitrogen so you're all good. I don't know how you administer those but someone else will help you on that.

You can start the P now even if they're not flowering (or just starting).Where I live preflowering was July 10th (I got some males then). Flowering proper just started.

My ferts have more or less of the element the plants need so they still have the rest (= N + K at this time).

You should fertilize every other time. Always give less than what is recommended so you don't burn roots. Never pour fertilized water on dry soil (water with clear water before!)

Hope this helped.

:wave:

3. i live in california. and people out here usually start growing in late april...early may.

so its ok to give bone meal to my plant now?
    is that all i need to give it? some blood meal and bone meal?
    this is my first grow with fertilizers and nutrients.
    i am learning so sprinkle me with some of your knowledge =)

4. Hey!

Someone else will help you out as I use liquid chemicals. Just wait a little!:wave:

5. you should have tilled it in to your soil before you planted. theres liquid bonemeal out there thats a water soluble fert. the plant may not be able to use the bonemeal now. you cant just spread it over the top and expect the plant to use it. but bet on animals digging up your roots if you do. use a liquid fert high in phosphorous and lower in nitrogen. and if you want to use bonemeal, till it in before planting

6. what i did with the blood meal was i mixed it in a gallon of water and let it sit over night and shook it up and watered my plant with it....
    this is kind of like a tea..... is this safe to do?
    i will go to the store and look for liquid phospherus if i have to...but i perfer organic stuff because i dont want to over fert and burn my plant.