Bokashi

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Powelly, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hi All,
    First post here, I've done a lot of research on this prior to posting however I cannot find definitive answers- everything I'm looking at simply mentions other methods. I also don't grow cannabis (hot peppers) however this forum is the best resource for organic growing along with permies so here I am

I have a bokashi bin and do not have a garden, simply a balcony. I don't have enough room to compost effectively which is why I bought the bokashi bin

My question is can I apply the finished bokashi as a top dress? Can I puree it and water it in? I've read extensively on the benefits of the lactic acid bacteria involved and would like to be able to do something with the finished bokashi other than throw it away or gift it

Kind Regards

2. I think you will need to compost it or feed it to worms first. Bokashi is basically fermented waste and is very acidic, idk how it will effect the soil as a top dress.

3. Thanks Scoobs, I have a pepper I can sacrifice as a test

4. If you have turned it into rich humus via burying it or vermipost, then I don't see it being a problem. I've dumped the juice down my pipes it keeps them not smelling funky.

The natural farmers or Korean natural farming are my go to for the IMO fermenting, culturing, and usage.

• Like Like x 2
  5. If you do use it, go sparingly. 7 or 8 years ago, I burned the shit out of a couple of plants by adding to much Bokashi to the soil.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'll see if I can get a plastic bucket to put it in that will allow it to compost down then

7. You can get a tote with a lid and a bag of cheap organic soil. Mix the fermented waste well with equal amounts of soil and leave alone for 6-8 weeks. It will break down into great compost. Its called a Super Soil Factory. Cheers
    Check out this site.Home | My Good Green Home and Garden

8. you can use about a handful of bokashi as a top dressing mixed with a trowel every month or so in a five gallon. It doesn't cause the soil to become too aciditic from above. You can also mix in your soil before cooking and it will neutralize. just be mindful of your other ingredients so you dont add too much of something.
    cheers
    p

edit: i use it in every garden and every planter i have literally ever grown in for all my cannabis, veggies, trees, and cactus