Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boiling water is not for bubbler

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ant1k, Jan 19, 2011.

1. I have my own homemade 3 chamber bubbler. I have been experimenting a lot with it. It is -great-

I read some comments how people like to use boiling water as bong water. I've used ice water, snow, room temperature water, but never boiling. So I got risky and gave it a try.

For my bubbler. This was less enjoyable than anything I've ever smoked. I really didn't like how much hot water vapour was burning the shit out of your insides. It also heated up the shotgun so it was just all around annoying to take a hit.

Anyone tried this? Anyone LIKE this?

2. I put hot water in my bong. Not boiling, but pretty warm. It gives the smoothest hits and no coughs. I love it. :smoke:

3. I would think you would be risking pneumonia if the water is hot enough...

4. hmm, I love very cold water in my bong. I dont think i would try boiling water.

5. The treatment is also the cause?

6. Yeah that was kinda a stupid idea

7. common sense should tell you its not a good idea to use boiling water.

8. Because of?

9. because inhaling boiling water vapor isnt a very intelligent idea, just sayin.

10. Why the hell did u actully "boil" your water? I used hot water which still has a lot of water vapor to moisturize your throat.

11. Like I said I've just been experimenting figured I might as well try it.

12. Honestly i never eally heard of this, but it doesnt sound too appealing.

13. I almost always try to use hot/very warm water and if not then I use really cold. I wouldn't try it with boiling water lol...I won't knock you for trying though haha. I do like hot water better though, much smoother and less coughing for me

14. Dude people use boiling water to clean pieces, use warm water to smoke through brother.

15. I guess warm/hot (not boiling!) water is up next.

I did get a really nice high so it wasn't a complete fail.

Appreciate the feedback keep it coming. Anyone have any other good suggestions to use for the water?

16. ....yea, just like you guys dont breathe in the water vapor when you take a shower. It aint gon do shit

17. boiling? you're wild.

18. No inhaling water vapor AKA steam is not the problem, its pretty healthy actually. The fact that your pipe is gonna be hot as shit and near impossible to hold would be the problem I see. But if you wanna go to the trouble and use a pot holder or something you would be good to go.

19. Preboiling the water and letting it cool down or using filtered water would remove chlorine and other contaminates from the water theoretically making it taste better. But I doubt seriously that anyone could ever tell a difference.

20. so thats why they call it a pot holder.

ba dum, tish!:smoke: