Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boiling method to make cannabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by monto313, Feb 8, 2011.

1. I am planning on making edibles on thursday, and read somewhere that if you boil water in a pot, then add the butter and bud, and let sit for some time, then chill it and strain and all that, then it'll work. is this wrong? or is it really that simple

2. #3 mattsta1001, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    yeah ive used this way. it seems to be a bit easier to make sure it wont burn and stuff.

you need to melt the butter in water, add your bud. simmer on low for 1 hour to however long you want... just dont burn your shit.
    then you take it out and strain out the buds, so youll have a buttery water mixture.
    refridgerate for a few hours. and youll have a bowl off asswater on the bottom. and dank butter on top.

3. #4 giggling stoner, Feb 9, 2011
    boil the water with a pot ontop so the up top pot gets hot and the butter wont burn. I forget the name of the pot it fits on like the cover but it dents in

4. He said it.
    Just stir it every 15 minutes and make sure its not sticking to the bottom. You don't need any special kind of pot or pan, just one that will fit enough water to boil the bud and the butter. You don't want to burn the bud or the butter so make sure you have enough water, like you were making pasta.
    =]

Cut up the butter and use it like you would a normal stick of butter.
    Use it within 24 hours or put it in the freezer. If you do this, you need to thaw it with a double boiler pot (a pot of water covered by a pot with the butter in it, the steam metls it without burning it

5. #6 rickylahey, Feb 9, 2011
    found this on another site, sounds pretty legit though. 3 hours might be a long time though, but i guess it should work. i normally only boil for 90 minutes.

[​IMG]

6. those samuel jackson tutorials on fc are hillarious

7. lol, thats where i found it.