Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boiling a bong to clean it

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Capitalize, Jul 16, 2012.

1. #1 Capitalize, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    I just got a new bong, it's a small cheapo made of a low-quality glass (on a budget) and it got dirty to the point where it wasn't worth it to smoke out of it. I boiled it to clean it, but the red coloring, uh... foil?, used to color the glass started to peel off. Is this still safe to smoke out of? I don't think that stuff will burn but i don't really want to take that chance.

Peace

EDIT
    I have bong cleaner on the way, but in the meantime.

2. My friends use stuff called "420 solution" Ive seen it in action. They soak a piece in it for however long, it looks brand new when its done soaking. Ive been told all it is is alcohol. Anyway, whether you use alchol or 420 solution, its better than boiling it. Thats my recommendation.

3. ISO and salt. this is the best way.

4. espsom salt and 91% isopropyl alcohol as above already said. Fuck every other method. Thats the best.

5. Thanks for the answers, that's what i'll use in the future. But what about the bong? is that peeling shit gonna kill me?