Bohbo's Quasi NFT Querkle Queens

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Bohbo, May 13, 2010.

1. Here are a couple of Mid Week 6 Pics. Let me know if you guys like this resolution better or my previous pictures (800 pixel width on old ones i believe, 1024 on these)

You can see they are starting to get pretty frosty in there. My flash tends to blue the inside a little bit and makes it hard to color adjust that portion but helps show trichomes. The body of the bud is green not the blueish hue in the pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Looking quite tasty over there dude!!!! Trich goodness for sure. :yummy: :bongin: :metal:

3. Those last two shots blew me away.

4. Ahhh, ...

Two Awesome piX right up Top .. there.

Great work Bo ... ... :)

5. damn I love those time lapse vids! lol

6. Thanks guys, I was pretty pleased with those pictures myself. Only thing that makes me sad is as time goes on I don't think I am going to see any purple at all this grow. That's okay though there is always fall/winter grows! I might wait until Sept before starting my next cycle.

7. wow bro I just read thru your ventilation FAQ and it was great helped me out a lot thanks:D. Your grow looks great as well.

8. hey bohbo glad to see all is good in here. can't believe i've missed most of your grow. at least i made it back before chop. which should be anytime now right? i've skimmed threw your grow and its getting me fired up to get going again. my NFT is just about done. just need to run the delivery pipes. its been way to hot for me to start anything just yet so i've been lazy bout getting things finished up.
    killer video's by the way. the time lapse's are great. love the one with all the mantis's. truely good stuff man....

9. Hey Gris, good to see you around. Yep chop is in a couple days. I actually lost a plant, which was my timelapse one. Its the back center plant and it died, roots looked okay, not 100% sure what caused it I think it was a combination of a few factors. Purple just started to show up on the edges of some sugar leaves. I think i am going to start my next grow in Sept, based on the heat and the desire to go away on a little vacation. I plan on chopping this weekend. Will definitely post some harvest pics.

next grow I plan to run my XJ13 should be fun.

10. hey bohbo, was wondering when it was gonna be that time :) :) :)

11. I have been really busy with work and family so I haven't had the time to dedicate to GC as much. I have my thread on instant email but I haven't really been able to keep up on journals. Glad you guys are hanging around. The grow should be decent, need a couple more runs in the NFT system to work out the kinks I think.

12. Was wondering where you were homie. Glad you're in good health bruh!

13. Glad to see you are ok Bohbo!! Lookin good brother!! Cant wait till chop time!!

14. Great grow bohbo, thought I'd come in and take a look and also thank you for your carbon filter tutorial. Works great so far, can't smell a thing.

15. Thanks for the comments guys. I chopped Sunday trimmed shade leaves and anything brown. They have shrunk up a bit and sugar leaves are starting to curl and dry up. Plan is to do first manicure a bit today and make some bubble hash.

During harvest I have some Powdery mildew at the center of the big plants and some of the hard to get to plants. Pretty much where the airflow wasn't strong it stuck around. I used my blower to clean loose spores off of each plant after trimming, then everything was washed in RO water + Soap + Baking soda, then rinsed in pure RO lightly shaken off and then hung to dry.

I made some infused coconut oil which i used to make some phenomenal cookies. So it doesn't look like I lost any significant amount of potency in the wash process. I know I was bound to lose some trichomes but I feel better about thoroughly cleaning everything even those without visible spores. The stuff that was the worst was thrown out but stuff that was infected but salvageable was used for baking.

I will try and get some pics of the hash making. And all trimmed up.

16. #116 Norcali, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    Sorry to hear about the mildew, but sounds like you made the best of it man. Don't by chance have a before and after picture of your little wash? Id be curious to see how that works out, as I had a little mildew on the last grow, and that sounds like a potential good solution. (I threw mine out, thought it wasn't salvageable)

Grats on the harvest :)

17. I didn't think to take any before pics, you know how it gets during harvest. Some of the pieces were pretty bad, looked like brownies with powdered sugar on them. After clean and wash and dry (for cookies, making oil from that batch right now actually) there really wasn't any PM at all. I shook them pretty vigorously in the tubs. I took 2 14-18 gal rubbermaid tubs (i think they are 18). Ones I use for cloner and veg etc.

Put 10 gal in each, in the wash bin i used about a 1-2 tsp of dish soap and about 2-3 table spoons of baking soda.

I was pretty impressed with how clean they got, but still knowing the before I 'm not sure i could bring myself to smoke it.

18. Yeah my only sativa dom plant last harvest went south fast with some white mold while starting curing, I couldnt bring myself to smoke any it was just to far gone. Ill try the cleaning thing in the future though, Im curious to how it will affect the potency compaired to soemthing that wasnt washed before hand (prolly not all that much id imagine)

I didnt think to make edibles or a tincture or anything, though in hindsight its a great solution.