Body weight exercises

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by ffred, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I can never stick with a routine that involves going to the gym, so I want to start just exercising at home, using my own body weight for resistance. I think by going with a Keep It Simple Stupid plan I will be able to stay committed.

Does anyone else do this and what exercises do you do? I was thinking I will stick to push ups, chin ups, and sit ups for the upper body and squats and lunges for the legs.

I figure this is something I can do every day, and I also play basketball a couple times a week and want to start running again at least a couple times per week for cardio.

2. her ya go ^____^

Fitness Guru: The No Gym Body Weight 200 Workout

The No Gym Body Weight 200 Workout
    You've no doubt heard of the 300 Sparta Workout before. Here's a similar workout from MH that's not as intense, but will still get you into Spartan condition. It's all body weight stuff, so you can easily do it at home. All you need is a chinup bar and a swiss ball. Easy as that.

The Body-Weight 200
    This 12-station, 200-rep program burns fat and builds muscle in about 60 minutes a week.

Directions: Do this workout 3 times a week- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, for example. Perform the exercises as a circuit, doing 1 set of each movement for the prescribed number of repetitions. Complete them in the order shown, without resting between exercises. Too easy? Rest 1 minute and repeat the circuit.

The Workout
    1. Prisoner squats (30 reps)
    2. Pushups (30 reps)
    3. Jumps (10 reps)
    4. Swiss-ball leg curls (10 reps)
    5. Swiss-ball pikes (10 reps)
    6. Stepups (20 reps)
    7. Pullups or chinups (5 reps)
    8. Forward lunges (30 reps)
    9. Tucked-elbow pushups (20 reps)
    10. Inverted rows (15 reps)
    11. Prisoner squats (15 reps)
    12. Chinups (5 reps)

3. Download the P90X workout. It's helped a friend of mine dropped serious weight, with an in home workout and diet supplement plan that can really rip you up. It's done amazing things for my abs as well, but that's the only workout I use from it, since I spend my time in the gym.

4. Thanks. I really like the look of the 200 workout, might have to give it a shot.