Body heat from meditation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 2danks, Mar 22, 2012.

1. When ever I start my meditation I feel heat after a few moments. it gets to the point that I start to sweat and I feel it in my my spine the most intense. but the feeling is all over, am I doing this right or is there a problom with me.

2. Turn on a fan lol

3. [quote name='"m00zix"']Turn on a fan lol[/quote]

Hahahaha my fan is almost always on funny you would say that

4. You should meditate outdoors, especially if your climate is cooler or snowy. Even if it is quite hot outside it would be more bearable for you to meditate outdoors than indoors- try it out.

Besides, you can always jump into a refreshing cold shower when you are finished. If you don't already enjoy freezing cold showers I would recommend getting used to them. If you are able to transfer your meditative state into the shower that would give the added opportunity of imagining the coolness of the water travelling down the inside of your spine and cooling you from the inside-out.

When you are outside and feeling hot, focus on expanding the heat outwards beyond your body. Imagine all the heat being transferred from your immediate body into a sphere or ring a few metres around you. Feel the heat come from your spine and direct the heat away from your body, you'll get the hang of it eventually, if not quickly.

You may not know it but you've worked very hard to get this.

5. [quote name='"D_420"']You should meditate outdoors, especially if your climate is cooler or snowy. Even if it is quite hot outside it would be more bearable for you to meditate outdoors than indoors- try it out.

Besides, you can always jump into a refreshing cold shower when you are finished. If you don't already enjoy freezing cold showers I would recommend getting used to them. If you are able to transfer your meditative state into the shower that would give the added opportunity of imagining the coolness of the water travelling down the inside of your spine and cooling you from the inside-out.

When you are outside and feeling hot, focus on expanding the heat outwards beyond your body. Imagine all the heat being transferred from your immediate body into a sphere or ring a few metres around you. Feel the heat come from your spine and direct the heat away from your body, you'll get the hang of it eventually, if not quickly.

You may not know it but you've worked very hard to get this.[/quote]

Thank you for the tip it worked really well.

6. Must be working out some stuff inside ya man.

7. Well since you say you feel it in your spine its most likely due to stress, usually from being in a meditative position for an extended period of time.

I suggest you work on your stance and technique, maybe use a pillow to help elimnate any stress that you may be placing on your back and then try it from there.

8. This is perfectly normal and expected, it is the first stage of purification, and you may also start getting jerks especially if you are doing any pranayama.

9. [quote name='"1Trismegistus1"']This is perfectly normal and expected, it is the first stage of purification, and you may also start getting jerks especially if you are doing any pranayama.[/quote]

I have been getting jerks but I didnt post it becuase I thought people will think im wierd or something. also do you know how long is this supose to last.

10. Quite a long time, up to 1-1.5 years usually. The first stage of katharsis (spiritual purification) entails heat, sweating and jerking, even when you aren't doing meditation at times. The 2nd stage, which not everyone gets, is a sort of hopping. Very strong jerks in the hips occur, where the kundalini is becoming more active and in the process of awakening as the nadis (spiritual channels) become open for it to awaken, and this will cause you to hop off the ground a bit but won't feel uncomfortable or anything like that. A 3rd stage, which is very very rare when the kundalini finally awakens, is that so much energy is released that one of those hops results in you staying off the ground for a period a bit too long for natural physics to allow for due to the extremely powerful magnetic energy released upon kundalini awakening, and you will hang in the air (levitate) for a few seconds. When the kundalini has awakened, you will have achieved nadi shodhan (the yoga term for it) or in my tradition it is called katharos, which is complete purification of the nadis and it is here that the real road towards enlightenment begins, as your kundalini has awakened and can now start to rise up the spine towards the head, where Self-Realization is achieved (takes many years depending on the person and many other factors, like whether there is a guru and lineage the person is guided by constantly sending out energy and working upon them in ways they cannot themselves. Achieving enlightenment is 1/4 your own effort, 1/4 the effort of your Teacher, and 1/2 the effort of the Masters and God who could enlighten you this very moment if they so chose to)

11. Its Kundalini something or other.It travels through your spine.

Search Biology of Kundalini.