Bobs Burgers.....opinions?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Endless Rain, Apr 3, 2012.

1. so recently i tried watching some of "bob's burgers"
    and i gotta say...... WTF were the creators thinking? keep in mind i did watch a few episodes while high - usually making every from of entertainment 100x better, but this, no, this was terrible.
    feels like they tried to hard

what are your thoughts on it?

2. I've seen it a few times and have to agree....WTF? But I can watch this before I can watch robot chicken.. that show never makes any sense...:smoking:

3. I like the retarded girl she gets some funny lines

4. and thats about it
    seriously...... its like a bunch of 14 year olds made this show.....

5. I tried to watch it the other day because John benjamin is the voice of the dad, but it sucked.
    Fox is slipping hard.

6. I actually like it! Louis is a funny character. I think a lot of the episodes can be pretty stale a lot of the time but, it's not that bad of a show. Maybe it's just not your type of humor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like it hahaha i dont watch it on a regular but when i did it was pretty good.

8. Really stupid jokes but it's something that puts
    Me to sleep

9. The first season was pretty great, but the few episodes this season have been lacking.

10. Choach mcguirk is the best

11. I'm a cartoon nerd... besides reading random jazz and non-fiction, and watching documentaries and educational TV, they're about all I'm in to.

I'm a HUGE fan of H. Jon Benjamin in cartoon form ('Van' for instance just didn't do it for me)... Lucy Daughter of the Devil, Home Movies, Science Court, Dr. Katz (some of the more-lame comedians ruined that show for most people), his cameos in AquaTeen/Unit Patrol. All goodies.

Eugene Mirman is pretty hilarious too, especially his 'Special Sister' character on Lucy, and he's pretty good on Bob as well (Gene, the son). :)

Anyhow, I actually like Bob. :eek:

The most recent episode was a little dull, but I can relate with it.. reminds me of my younger days, playing a video game for days straight, without sleeping... after a while if you go to do something else, you get 'flash backs', or if you're walking around you start treating the world, just subtly (or so you hope), like it's a video game... and when you close your eyes, to finally try and get some sleep, all you can see are the characters jumping around and the scenery from the game. Not to mention the carpal tunnel.:smoke:

Anyone who worries that they may be trying too hard, definitely mustn't be watching Family Guy and some of the 'more popular' junk currently on the air. Now that, is desperate TV. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. I dig it, I've never gone out of my way to watch it, but every episode I've seen has made me laugh at some point.

13. I've only saw a few episodes but I thought it was ok

14. lol this show is hilarious. i love Jon Benjamin as a voice actor. dudes fucking hilarious, especially as Sterling Archer.

15. It has its ups and downs, but I usually watch it

Capoeira....

[​IMG]

16. It blows, and not in a good way!

17. just another corny show only for the money

18. I actually like the show, it's pretty funny

19. I like it. The sense of humor is different but it's just about as stupid as family guy and cleveland show. I usually smoke and watch the whole line up. Except the simpsons.
    and cleveland show sucks.

20. #20 v5gcw, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    I started watching this and it's pretty funny in my opinion. Not sure which character is the favorite. Bob, Louise, Gene, Tina.

Edit:

Just watched the reservoir dogs parody episode. The wet willy part had me loling.