Bobby Jindal 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sativamonk78, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Yeah we could sell tickets, who wouldn't want to see a horse's ass (Jindal) merged with a levelheaded rational person (Obama).

I'll add this to your list of delusional statements. Do you think about the subjects you post about before you post, or do you just offer random thoughts off of the top of your head? Governor Jindal didn't steal anyone's thunder, he in fact, made a complete ass out of himself by presenting a rebuttal bereft of solutions and inspiration. I haven't heard one review that backs up this nonsense you just wrote. If you'd like to produce an opinion of anyone that agrees with you I'd love to see it.

Right now the Republican Party is grasping at anything to try to remain relevant, but as it is right now they have no coherent voice, solutions, or leadership.

Oh and the answer to my post above is (B).

2. [​IMG]
    Well not to toot my own horn, but a democrat much like yourself(or at least someone that I believe voted for Obama) repped me positively on that very post you quoted.

Looks like either someone was being sarcastic, or they really did like my post. Regardless do I need a news outlet to cover something that seems so obvious, right after the debate instead of going in depth coverage of Obama's speech, they split it with Obama and Jindal. Both Fox and MSNBC critized Jindal, but guess what, Jindal a governor of a state had just as much air time as the president on relatively the same issue. That speechs volumes IMO about the impact of what he said.

Look all this bad press he got last night can blowback right back positively in his favor in a heart beat. Ever heard of the saying, bad press is still good press? I hope shows like hardball continue to criticize him, because guess what, bad press is still good press.

Just as news outlets across the board were critizised throughly after his DNC speech in 1988, and look how he turned out.

Continue to mock Mr. Jindal on the way he talks, I could careless if he had the voice of a cyborg, the man has stuck out against this stimulus, and I praise him for that.

If charisma is the deciding factor for you in a politician, you must be satisfied often, there is plenty of that in our politicians today, what is short on my list is a politician that serves the people to the best of his ability. I believe Jindal is doing that, and I disagree Obama is doing that to the best of his ability with this stimulus. If he was truly transparant, he would sectionalize his stimulus into a bunch of single bills so that each one could be read thoroughly so our children aren't paying into something they shouldn't be. It's easy to say we need to stop the bleeding pass the bill now as soon as possible. That isn't how you go about business and is a talking point to push programs into existance.

You would had seen a true bi-partisan effort to pass what is needed and deny what is not, but the democrats have been waiting to long to not have there pet projects passed, and now they got full control, asking for bi-partisan effort is like saying, "We are going to pass this any ways guys, you might as well tag along with us."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw"]YouTube - Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus[/ame]

Look I care.

3. Dude, I hope you know my rep for you WAS sarcastic. Not to be mean, but you brought it out into the open and now the image is quoted as well by me in this post.

I never would give someone red rep. So, you get green even when I rep you for something that's straight-up bullshit. I hope that's clear now to everyone.

I inflate the rep system! Fiat rep ftw!!

4. Presentation matters to a depressing number of voters.

Look, Jesus Christ could come back and run for President but if he spoke like Bobby Jindal nobody'd vote for him. It's not that the dude's necessarily bad, just that he doesn't know how to be charismatic, which actually does matter to a lot of people.

Leastways that's my take on it. I think he could take a few public speaking classes and improve dramatically, then all we'd have to do is criticize him on his ideas! ;)

5. #45 sativamonk78, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    I hope the rest of my points I made were not for shit then, I would hate to of typed all that for nothing. I said you might of been being sarcastic, so there you go.
    Presentation only matters about getting into office, not on what he does in office, when you argue about presentation you are arguing things of electability. Which is bullshit to begin with, because plenty of politicians throughout history have not been the best public speakers, if you ask me that makes him a better candidate.

As for criticizing him on his ideas, that's all I ask.

6. Maybe its been said already, but didn't Jindal say that he doesn't plan on running in 2012? Or am I confused?

7. Well, it just seems like that was the basis of your validity. Rep is private.

8. uh.....alright

ronald reagan comes in 2nd place to richard nixon, then gets the next nomination

HW bush came in 2nd to reagan, mcmcain came in 2nd to bush

Its definetely not fullproof by any means but i doubt that jindal would get the nomination. It'd be kind of like the GOP just tried to throw out a candidate whos exiting and new, and i really dont know if it would go through with the likes of huckabee palin and romney

and fyi im not republican and would never vote for any of these people, so please excuse me if i'm 100% wrong (which i probably am)

9. its all on the hush hush; back in 2004 obama said he didnt plan on running either

Bobbys the only one to visit the iowa caucauses so far though

10. Bobby Jindal is a joke!

11. Agreed.

12. I been study him lil more and well, I don't really like him.
    I don't see how you, sativamonk like/support him.

13. It's called a party line my friend. It's why alot of people vote D or R.

14. True that.

The other reason is apathy and unwillingness to acknowledge that your vote doesn't really matter either.

What an ironic twist, I know.

15. He has openly talked out against this stimulus and he has done good in his state, what more do you ask from the guy?

I don't agree with his idea on intelligent design, but unlike most the GOP has put out, he has stuck to his guns in opposition to this stimulus.

Take it or leave it, all the things you ram down people throats about liking Ron Paul, Mr. Jindal more than likely 95% agrees with those fiscal views.

Why do you not like him?

Have you let other people decide your opinion for you?

16. You've let GOD a.k.a. Ron Paul decide yours. Litmus test line anyone?

17. #57 sativamonk78, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    ^Ron Paul God^Bobby Jindal Joke

Do you see a trend here Wackdeafboy?

If you agree with what Ron Paul is saying, you traditionally think right of center on the political spectrum.

Bkadoctaj think left of center, and it is pretty obvious.

Bobby Jindal is a conservative who had voted to decrease our military.

http://cenlamar.com/2007/10/17/bobby-jindals-real-record-on-americas-veterans-and-military/

^this site trys to demonize his budget cuts to military, but you read them, if you feel that cutting entitlements on military health care which take it or leave it our military has some of the best healthcare programs in the country. If you disagree with that, that is fine, but I might remind you even though he voted for the Iraq war, Ron Paul voted for Afghanistan war, so read that with a grain of salt and decide for yourself.

Over half my family has served in the Navy, my grandfather was a seal who got sprayed with agent orange in vietnam. My Grandmother gets all her healthcare expenses payed for by the US government, and my aunt who is mentally retarded because of the effects of agent orange on my grandfather.

He died in 94' of diabetes, not from his war wounds, but my grandmother still gets all her medical expenses payed for regardless. Even as that may be, I do not agree with passing the cost of my grandmothers healthcare exclusively on the US taxpayer.

Bobby Jindal has not just lowered taxes, but he lowers spending, something most republicans talk a big game about but never do.

18. Left of center? Give me a break... show me a single person in the CENTER.

19. #59 wackdeafboy, Feb 26, 2009
    okay, you got me.

Yes, I do agree with almost everything with ron paul. I'm very liberal

20. #60 sativamonk78, Feb 26, 2009
    Well considering most Americans are moderates I would say a good section of the voting population, presumably the largest voting mass of people in the united states are moderates.

People Right of center and Left of center are all apart of "the chattering class", the moderates are the ones who truly decide who is going to be president.

Ever heard of the tactic, rush to the center. Most people are that center, you and I are the minority.
    Ron Paul is about as conservative as they come bro, more so than Jindal.