Bob Marley's daughter pleads guilty to drug charge

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Bob Marley's daughter pleads guilty to drug charge
    WashingtonPost / AP / 09,08,2010

WEST CHESTER, Pa. -- The youngest child of reggae legend Bob Marley has admitted growing marijuana in her Philadelphia-area home.

The Daily Local News of West Chester reports 29-year-old Makeda Jahnesta Marley pleaded guilty Tuesday to having nearly a dozen large marijuana plants inside her home in Caln, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.

Marley was arrested in 2008 after police say they found her removing plants from her basement when officers arrived on a domestic dispute call. At a February hearing, Marley told the court she had exhausted a trust fund she received from her father's estate when she turned 18.

Sentencing is scheduled for October. Marley's attorney, Thomas Schindler, told The Associated Press he will seek probation.

2. Man I couldn't live with myself for arresting anyone for growing weed, but bob marley's bloodline?

Rough stuff

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sonYFxHHvaM]YouTube - Bob Marley - One Love[/ame]

Goddam, we need freedom from the law!!!

4. WOW. This is BULLSHIT. First they can't leave the medical patients alone, now they can't leave BOB MARLEY'S fucking daughter alone? Wow, This country is a piece of shit. Thank god I live in California or i might just kill myself.

5. Why the heeeeell does she live in west chester, pa lol. but it was only matter of time before she was caught. if anyone with the last name marley got a pass, there would be like billions of last name changes around the world.

6. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :rolleyes:

7. I'm listening to Kaya as I type this. That's tough.

8. lmfao

9. I know dude. I know everyone loves the herb and loves to grow the herb, but when you are Bob Marleys daughter i wouldn't of thought she would need to grow... :confused_2:

10. Fcuk American Authorities, if I was that damn lucky cop I would ask if she had any decent bongs around and Riiiipppp That shit whilst discussing what a legend her Dad was.... That would be a you tube moment.

11. she was born after he died, thats pretty crazy haha. still fucked up on the pigs ofc

12. what difference does her heritage make? really.

13. if your growing a bunch of pot in your house don't get into domestic disputes...

if she would have had a higher sneak skill she coulda gotten those plants out.

p.s.

YardFlex.com: Makeda Marley appeared in Gavin's courtroom .

that article has the same info pretty much just with more details and then some new info too

14. It's Bob Marley's daughter! Everyone that has ever considered smoking knows of him.
    He's more popular than obama lol

15. I smoke daily but could care less about bob marley.

Kimi Raikkonen on the other hand......

16. You, my friend, are a Nazi.

17. That's just wrong :(