Bob Marley

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by KaptainCain, Jun 16, 2008.

1. I've listened to him for several years on the internet and whatnot, but i'm looking to buy one of his albums to cruise with in the car. Any suggestions?

2. Legend is prob one of the best... Has almost all the great songs he did.

I spent today at the park disc golfing with friends and between rounds sat in the sun listening to bob ripping bowls. It was alot of fun =0

3. Thanks! I'll pick it up next time i'm buying CDs.

4. Redemption songs...all i ever had...

gotta get a copy of that. ;)

5. i vote legend.

6. try something besides legend, those are mostly his lovey top of the charts songs, not his protest songs. Try Rastaman vibrations, african herbsman, babylon by bus, kaya, or catch a fire. I just can't stand when people are like yea i love marley, ive only heard legend tho. Although legend is a good place to start to listen to marley, i recommend some of his earlier shit.

7. I agree.

Them Belly Full, Natty Dread, So Much Things to Say.....

8. catch a fire and his early wailer days are much different than his exodus and later days. depends what you want. if you want raw rasta reggae get his early stuff but if you want his great love songs and more popular, exodus is a must. that was my first album and i have just about everything now. personal favorite album: survival

9. marleys best albums imo catch a fire ,uprising ,exodus ,Babylon by bus and legend is the best comp

10. if you want the total marley experience get a live cd

Live! or Live at the Roxy are my two favorites

11. Try to find some of the first recordings of his music with the wailers. The stuff on Natural Mystic and Legend are great, but when the wailers sing Falsetto backgrounds, its just amazing.