Bob Dylan Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by no soap radio, Dec 19, 2008.

1. I think Adam Sandler would make a great Bob Dylan, how cool would that be!
    Agree Disagree?

2. Nah. Sandler couldn't pull off Bob Dylan, c'mon man use your head.

3. Well he definitely looks the part... especially when he had longer hair in that movie Reign Over Me:

[​IMG]

Plus he knows how to play guitar and could probably sing similarly to Bob if he tried (it's not that hard).

I guess the only negative is that he's never done a completely serious movie. They're always primarily comedies, although he's done well in a dramatic scene here and there. Who knows, maybe he could surprise us.

4. #4 collie_man, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
    Cate Blanchette did a good job.
    I don't know, I love Adam Sandler, he's halarious. But having a guy who sings about sloppy joes and hannaukuh (sp?) play Bob Dylan seems somewhat disrespectful of bob dylan. Wow, that sounds really condescending :smoke:

I don't know how to do pictures like you did, but heres what cate looked like. I was a bit skeptical of a girl playing him, but she actually did really good.

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=Cate+Blanchett+as+Bob+Dylan

5. i really liked punch drunk love but i guess it wasnt serious all the time.
    did that girl make a movie of him already? thats got to be like the ultimate role a girl playing a guy

6. Yeah, actually six different actors played Bob Dylan at different points in his life in the 2007 movie I'm Not There: Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, and Ben Whishaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Not_There

I haven't seen it yet.... I've heard it was great, although I have to admit the concept still seems a little strange. I heard Adam Sandler was involved at one point in the production of it, but backed out.