Bmaster's Perpetual Coco Hempy Scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bmaster1964, Mar 5, 2013.

1. #1 bmaster1964, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    High :wave:

I figured I would get organized and do a journal of my perpetual indoor garden. I have 2 journals on the go now and I will continue them till harvest, but since I'm introducing new strains I don't want to have a bunch of journals on the go at the same time. They really help me keep track of the grow and hopefully I can help others along the way with my trials and errors.

My current grow consists of:
    Flowering
    Ice Cream indica pheno- 5.5 weeks
    Ice Cream sativa pheno -5 weeks
    La Confidential - 3 weeks
    Tangerine Dream -1 week

Vegging
    La Confidential - 6 weeks
    Og Kush - 1 week

On deck
    Jack Flash #5

With a few clones rooting.
    I will be back with some pics

Welcome and please join me in my perpetual garden :)

2. #2 bmaster1964, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    My set up consists of a clone/veg/drying combo cabinet and a flowering tent.
    This is a small perpetual garden, but it works well to take care of my wife and myself without having to go to the 'street' for our medicine.

I have a 2'x3'x4' cabinet for vegg.
    I use 3- 24" high output t5 23w sunblaster flouros 6500k
    And a 150 watt hps as well
    For flower I have a 2'x4'x5' homemade grow tent, using an
    Emperor 400 watt hps and set up a screen for scrog

My Nutes

For veg cycle:

H&G Roots Excelurator
    B52
    Calmag+
    Canna coco a + b
    Fulvic acid
    Botanicare Sweet Raw

For flowering I add Gh Koolbloom and finish with Botanicare Ripe

Attached Files:

3. Hell yeah i'm subbed. Looking good very organized!!!

4. Thanks skinnybuds :wave: I think that's the only way I'm gonna be able to pull off this 6 strain rotation:eek: It should prove interesting with my array of sativa and indicas in the same garden.

5. Our newest member of the family is Og kush from Reserva Privada. She is 28 days from seed, standing 12" tall with 7 nodes so far.

In comparison, the Tangerine Dream had 14 nodes at 12", but Og reached a foot tall one week sooner.

I'm feeding her

8ml each a&b Canna coco
    8ml b52
    5ml calmag+
    6ml Botanicare Sweet
    10ml Fulvic acid Per 4 ltr tap water PhD to 5.8

Attached Files:

6. looking great I love the set up

7. Looks amazing at this point. Can't wait to see what those LAs at the end! Subbed...

8. Thank you Remo :)
    It's truly amazing how creative and resourceful you can get when you only have so much space to work with,lol.

Welcome Lornado and thank you.:wave:
    I love the LaCon. She was my first and I've kept her around ever since:p.
    She doesn't yield much, usually around 2.5-3 ozs, but she sure is good tasty smoke that never let's me down.

9. It's a great morning!:D

Walked into the Green room this morning to the delicious smell of vanilla Icecream. Checked my Jack Flash seed and she cracked! Looked in on my Tangerine Dream and saw pistils:p

Does life get any better?

I am so excited about the Jack Flash #5. I've heard amazing things regarding yield, quality and potency. I'm hoping for the sativa dominant strains, but will be happy, regardless I'm sure.:smoking:

Attached Files:

10. #10 bmaster1964, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    Not to answer my own question..but, life can get better. Remembered that I had some sugar trim and popcorn buds in the freezer from my LaCon.
    Well..Let's make some hash:p

Here's before and after. Wet of course;) I'll get a shot when she's dry for comparison.
    It's kinda sad actually how much it shrinks, but hey, I'll take what I can get:smoking:

Ok, added the dry shot. Usually the hash shrinks to half the size, but I didn't lose much at all this time. I must be getting better at squeezing out the water:)

The 'A' grade hash on left weighed 1.75 gms and the 'B' grade is 2.79 gms for a total of 4.54 gms from ~1.5 ozs of sugar buds and trim.

Smoke report...Wow!!:smoking::D:smoking:

Attached Files:

11. ive never made hash before it looks fun
    lol ive been smoking a bit of my trim til my buds are dry lol

12. I guess I should share some pics of my girls and give you a little rundown on the grow.

You've already seen the youngins'.
    The LaCon is 6 weeks veg. I experimented with supercropping on her since she doesnt like to be topped. She responded well to this and bushed up nicely. The only thing was, she kept growing in height so I bent over the main stem to lower the profile. I didn't realize how stiff the stem would get with all the supercropping and I snapped it:eek:

Anyways, I grabbed the growers best friend, duct tape, and bandaged her up. Prayed to the Cannabis gods and hoped for the best. As you can see, she didn't miss a beat and growth just took off.

I want to give her another week in veg, if she doesn't outgrow the cabinet first.

You can see how I like to train the plant to have a low even canopy before going into flower.
    I use individual screens hung above the plant when they go into the flowering tent. When they can support themselves, I remove the hangers and am able to take the plant in and out of the garden for feedings and can rotate plants for even light.
    It's a little different system, but it has its advantages for sure.

Attached Files:

13. Yeah bud it is fun, especially when you get the end result:smoking:
    You know, I'd rather smoke my trim than smoke some of the bootscrape they try to sell on the street,lol

Tomorrow i'll introduce the other girls in the flowering tent.
    Had a couple cookies earlier and need to go to bed now:smoking:
    Peace:wave:

Attached Files:

14. Damn dude thats some training that looks like a beautiful bush! I got snocap la as a freebi coming soon I can wait !

15. #15 bmaster1964, Mar 8, 2013
    thanks Skinny:) snocap la sounds really frosty:yummy:want to see that grow.

These are my Ice cream girls.
    The first pics are of my indica leaning pheno. Today marks the end of 6 weeks. I have stopped her heavy flowering nute schedule and starting her ripening nutes.

I give her
    15ml Botanicare sweet raw
    25ml Botanicare Ripe
    1 tsp Epsom salts
    per 4 ltr water

The sativa leaning pheno is at ~5.5 weeks. she was the reason I started scrogging. if left alone she would take over the whole tent. I learned to tame the beast. She usually gives me 6+ ozs of nice bud and butter bud:p

The sugar this plant produces is incredible and sticky. She's still heavy into flower and takes 9+ weeks to finish as opposed to the indica, which usually finishes at 7.5-8 weeks.

she's consuming

12ml a+b each Canna coco
    8ml b52
    8ml sweet
    10ml fulvic acid
    1/4 tsp Koolbloom
    1 tsp epsom salts
    per 4 ltr water

btw, I remove the screen about half way through flowering to give plant breathing room and to make it easier to maintain. By then the stems are good and woody and strong.

Attached Files:

16. #16 bmaster1964, Mar 8, 2013
    The LaCon is a little over 3 weeks in flower. She is just starting heavy flowering and is a big eater.
    She started out as an 'aww fuck!!' moment, when I snapped a top while pulling it through the screen around 3 weeks in flower. She had been vegging a long time, which explains why she's still in perlite;)

I didn't have to train her much since she was monstercropped. Stems everywhere :D

To feed her I use
    1 tsp Gh Maxibloomr
    1/4 tsp Gh Koolbloom
    8ml b52
    15ml Fulvic acid
    8ml Botanicare Sweet Raw
    1 tsp epsom salts Per 4 ltr tap water

Attached Files:

17. Mmmmmm budsites... Looking good!

18. Thanks bud:)

Ok..last but not least, into week 2 of flowering is Tangerine Dream. I've never grown her before, but she has been a dream to grow so far (pun intended):D

I've heard mixed reactions about her grows. A number of growers complain of seeds not germinating, poor growth, trouble transitioning to flower and weak harvests.
    At the same time, I just followed a few journals where the growers have had great success. Time will tell but I have to say this particular girl has had no issues to date.

If your interested on The TD grow from the start, check out my sig.

She is really filling in the screen nicely. The lower growth is catching up to the screen. I have a feeling that the number of bud sites are going to be insane:eek:

These pics were taken a couple days ago, there's even greater growth now.

Attached Files:

19. The Og kush is in her 2nd week of veg.
    She 16" tall and is time to be trained for bush. I supercropped her main stem in an effort to encourage the lower growth. Once she bushes up some, I'll bend her over and tie her down.

I'm still fairly new to this supercropping method, so I get a little nervous abusing my girls like that. I think it's that 'POP' of the stem breaking that gets me.:eek:

I'm keeping the same nute schedule, except I've added House and Garden Roots Excelurator. I was going to go with the Canna Rhyzotonic, but I understand this is the best on the market. I've had decent roots so far,looking forward to seeing the results. Stay tuned;)

Attached Files:

20. I said I wouldn't do it, but I broke down and bought an EC meter. I'm not even sure why. I went in to the shop just looking to upgrade my lamp and ended up getting talked into the meter and other 'necessaties' .:rolleyes:

Anyway, I upgraded my 400w hps to the Eye Hortilux Super 400w hps. Apparently it gives 17% more energy and 25% more blue spectrum. Idk, but it sounded good to me. We shall see if there's a dramatic difference for the price.

Now getting back to the meter. I don't think I like it. It's telling me that my nute solutions are running high, but my girls are telling me they like what I'm giving them. I think you would agree by my pics that they're definitely not burning or getting nute lockout. Really the only burn I get is a little bit at the leaf tips during heavy flowering when I give them the high ratio pk booster. I do this to know I've pushed them.

For example, my heavy flower nute solution is at an EC of 3.2 when they say it should be no higher than 2.4. See what i'm saying, should I be cutting back even though I don't think I should? :confused:ahhh, sometimes ignorance is bliss;)