Blunt Amendment 420

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilro, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I, as a medical marijuana patient, believe it is my right to have my cannabis related medication be covered by public health insurance. I use my medication for more than just getting high, and it has been shown to cure cancer, ease pain in people going through chemotherapy treatment, and increased the appetite of people who suffer from eating disorders, both mental and from side effects of other medication. All while causing zero (0) deaths. It is my belief that this is a necessary medication in our society, and as such shall be covered by the ObamaCare mandate. Such coverage shall consist of cannabis purchases, in live plant, dried buds, or edible foods and drinks that contain cannabis. If I as a citizen of the United States of America shall be demanded to fund drug use that I do not approve of, such as birth control, it is my firm belief that they should in turn pay for the drugs I choose to use.

If this was the case, the news would be the complete other way. It's funny how the media can make theft into a "war on women".

2. Haha good post.
    I like.

3. I think about this all the time.. Don't muscle relaxers, pain medication etc all get put on insurance which requires people like me to subsidize their cost, and in many cases these drugs get abused for recreational purposes?

Marijuana has a pretty high potential for abuse, if they did something like this they would really have to revamp their guidelines that outlined medicinal uses. I'd rather the government got completely out of mandating insurance and left it to the private market, but i get your point..

4. This is my position as well. I simply posted this to show how ridiculous their claims are. I don't really want MMJ covered under ObamaCare. I don't think any people should be forced to fund any other person's drug use, regardless of the drug.

5. The government wants to control my lungs!

6. Actually, they do. They want to say its okay to breathe in some air pollution caused by the nearest oil refinery, or even cigarette smoke, but it's not okay to breathe in some vapors from a plant known to be useful in therapeutic medicine.

Total control of our lungs.

7. you know what you're right! insurance health insurance shouldnt cover any medicine! or surgery! you know what, you should just pay them to send you a bill every month!

8. Or various insurance companies can cover what they choose, and if they don't serve your needs, switch to a different one. If it weren't for all the regulations and bureaucratic red tape, there'd be tons of insurance companies. OR there'd be none and medication would be incredibly cheap. If insurance companies didn't cover anything, they wouldn't have any policy holders.

9. lol wut?

10. Yup, doctors wouldn't be able to charge people tens of thousands for a simple medical procedure if no one had insurance to pay those kind of outrageous costs, it would actually end up costing maybe a hundred or so for, say, delivering babies, or about $5-$15 for all prescriptions.

11. [quote name='"Tripace"']

Actually, they do. They want to say its okay to breathe in some air pollution caused by the nearest oil refinery, or even cigarette smoke, but it's not okay to breathe in some vapors from a plant known to be useful in therapeutic medicine.

Total control of our lungs.[/quote]

Haha you're right!
    I was kinda mocking the whole.. govt wants to control mY VaGiNa!... statement.