Blueberry DWC 400w mh/hps

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mdottite, Sep 21, 2017.

1. #1 mdottite, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Specifications:
    400w mh/hps in cool tube
    digital switchable and dimmable ballast
    Blueberry seed and Girl Scout Cookie seed
    12 gallon Rubbermaid tote
    3" net pots filled with hydroton
    4" inline fan for exhaust
    10' of ducting extracting hot air and sending it directly outside thru dryer duct port
    6"x12" carbon filter
    2'/4'/5' mylar grow tent
    Basement grow
    72w water chiller for res
    160gph water pump, to circulate from res to chiller and back to res... Constantly.
    137gph air pump, w/2 air stones.

Nutrients:
    General hydroponics three part grow, micro and bloom series, Rapid Start, Cali Magic, Koolbloom liq & powder.
    Botanicares hydrogaurd and rhizoblast.
    And orca great white...

Germination:
    I use a colored bottle for light blockage, plain water that has not been pH'd, rockwool cube for the blueberry and a rapid rooter for the gsc (this was a test and the rr won in my book)

Placed my seeds in the bottle of water and sat in my closet until the next day. Came back it was sunken to the bottom of the bottle, I put in immediately in the rr and rw cube, placed them in the netpots surrounded by hydroton. 2 days later, they sprouted.

Here's a pic:
    08/29/17 IMG_20170829_220646.jpg
    IMG_20170829_220634.jpg

2. 09/29/2017

Friendly update.
    We are 7 days into 12/12 light schedule.

I have her on a 1/2/3 ratio with the gh the part series. Had her on "microbe life hydroponics" nutes, they're organic and they work really good they're just hella expensive.

Got the temp at 80°f, Rh down to 40-50%, pH at 6.2, ppm at 800 minutes the 160 that came with the tap, so about 640ppm, and the res temp about 68°f... we are off to the races.
    IMG_20170928_204453.jpg IMG_20170929_072319.jpg
    Vegged her for 3 weeks under 20/4 then switched to 12/12 on 09/22/2017.

Also got sum new seeds in the mail yesterday I'm geeked!
    IMG_20170928_183507.jpg

Feel free to ask anything. And good luck

3. The set up. Just a few pics.

Attached Files:

4. The missing pics...
    IMG_20170913_014214.jpg IMG_20170909_010543.jpg IMG_20170904_162759.jpg IMG_20170914_142745.jpg IMG_20170913_014304.jpg

5. And more...
    IMG_20170919_195142.jpg IMG_20170921_031856.jpg IMG_20170916_215529.jpg IMG_20170921_032212.jpg IMG_20170915_014625.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Update:
    We are at 2 full weeks if 12/12.

Been lollipopping them for the endurance of stretch.

Upped the nutes to ≈ 2200ppm last week... My gsc was showing serious signs of cal mag def, at the same time my blueberry was showing phos def. So I did what needed to be done, and they are both indeed slurping it up fast. Just did a top off of straight water last night with a little rapid start, woke up this morning and they were screaming for some bloom nutes so I cooked up a lil sumn... Left the solution sitting at ≈ 1650ppm and they are really enjoying it.

pH at a constant 6.0

My advice:
    DON'T RUN TWO DIFFERENT STRAINS IN THE SAME RES... Lesson learned even tho I got lucky here.

These pics are not the most recent, actually about a week behind what I am seeing. I'm just doing this to show the progression of my 400w dwc.

Hope u all enjoy.

Attached Files:

7. Approaching week 3 of flower. No real news. Just pics.

I will have to get a taller tent. They just completely took this one over... 7.75 sq ft of canopy. Should get me close to a half pound.

No scrog, no sog, just topped one early in veg and I've fallen in love with the canopy. Lol

Later!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Waiting on this bigger tent... Tops were touching the cool tube.

Took the light out put it in a wing and opened the top of the tent... Hung it above.

This will do until the new tent arrives in three days.

Defoliated them both. pH at 6.1 ppm at 3000... 1500 each plant. I think lol

They are doing well tho.

Also have a sneak peak of my veg girls 3x Jack herrer and an unknown bag seed that turn out to be female. Lst has been applied. And all the ones in veg are in Coco. 2x 300w (280w true all together) full spectrum LEDs in there.

Thanks for viewing.

Attached Files:

9. Got the new tent earlier this week, 2*4*6'...

Idk why but can't upload images, i keep getting sum error message... I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

10. Got the new tent earlier this week, 2*4*6'...

Idk why but can't upload images, i keep getting sum error message... I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

11. Day 36 of 12/12

Thanks for tuning in people. I'm at the start of week 6 had to nix the so called gsc it was still stretching in the fifth week. Just the Blueberry is left by Canuk Seeds. Things are looking good, just added the kool bloom powder a few days ago, and dropped the res temp to about 67°f, pH is at 5.7 and the Rh is sitting around 40%. Tent temp varies but approximately 80°f lights on and about 70°f lights off. Think I got about 3 or 4 weeks till chop but we'll see when that time gets here.

The 3x Jack Herrer Fast by Seedsman in the LED tent are about 3-4 weeks old, 2 in coco one in soil/ffof. The one in soil was taking off I had to supercrop her and will continue with lst until flower.

And of course the babies are a few days from germination, and 3x of them are "big nugs" by Seedsman, two in coco one in soiL/ffof. And the really tiny one is bag seed.

I've been using the Lucas formula on everything since my Acapulco gold died and it seems to be really sufficient.

PEACE

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 42 of 12/12

She's still on KB Powder, waiting for her to let me know she wants to be flushed. She's just bulking up right now tho.

pH at 5.6
    Ppm at 750
    Res temp 15°
    Tent temp 75° lights on/ 69° lights off
    Rh been playing games lately at about 50% had it down to 38% last week idk why it shot up but I think it's still safe. I'm thinking 3 weeks left based on trichs and ratio of white hairs to brown.

That is all until next time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. 20171104_073412.jpg
    Got a new phone s8, just wanted to try the camera. This is a pic from day 43 of 12/12.

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waiting on everything to dry. A few nuggets in a jar and of course some got smoked but overall I'd say a qp final yield. I'm happy with it the smoke is smooth and the high is perfect not too much not too little. Canuk did a good job yet again. Will upload a final pick when it's all dry, in a bowl on the scale to show final weight.

Thanks for tuning in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. [​IMG]

Took about a half of (wet) shake and made some butter last night. Probably gonna make sum brownies tonight with it, see how it turns out.

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's about half of it. The fastest to dry, or closest to dry, so they go in paper bags for a day or two then into mason jars for the duration.

Dry weight later this week, even tho it won't mean much because me and the wife smoke... a lot. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I ended up with about a qp all together, about 1oz of trim, and 3oz of nug. Second batch of cannabutter. Everybody is enjoying the smoke, I like it too, and the curing is coming along nicely. Day by day I notice how much better it smells, feels, and tastes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1