Blueberry & cheese auto, 250w & 400w Not Sure's 'ganic ganja grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Thicken Dense, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hey Not Sure, Thanks again for finding my thread so that I could find this one. I am stoked to find a thread that is intelligent, clear, no B.S. It seems like there are a few people in this thread that are awesome. Even the tangential conversations are interesting. Peace.

2. Hey bro, thanks for subbing in!! Yea, the title of your thread caught my eye right away, steppin' it up nicely. Thanks for the comments, I just read through this journal again the other day and realized how much fun I had with everybody. Met a lot of really cool people during this grow, hooked up with Ice for a hydro party at a local grow shop, got a bunch of free shit, smoked some excellent herbs...

Anyway, here's my update. I'm less than a week from harvest, the girls have about 10% amber. I think even 8 weeks might be a tad too long. Pretty amazed at how fast this strain finishes... I could be wrong about this but I've heard that hydro plants finish faster so that might be of interest to you alteregoic, if you like heavy indicas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Nice... Yeah I have got to get me a 60x magnifier so I can do this harvest correctly. And this thread is awesome, best all around conversation i have seen on these forums, I hope to make nice with some cool people through these threads...and it seems as though that is exactly how it is working out.

4. Thanks man, all the guys who posted here have excellent threads going on and everybody is doing different shit. Everybody keeping up with each other's grows is how we learn, and I'm looking forward to learning from yours. You're doing something that I've been thinking of for a while now so I'm excited to be watching your grow as well!!

BTW, that's a really nice scrog you've got there, looks great!! :smoke:

Cheers!! :bongin:

5. Anything I should know about bb before I plant bro??

6. I can't think of anything, except that her buds get real heavy. Silica is supposed to help with stem strength, if you can get any. Scrog and bamboo stakes, either way I'd be prepared to support your fat, dense, cock-slappin buds :smoke:

7. made me real happy sir! lol. I cant wait to grow BB. If i knew where ytour lived id "trick or treat" daily lol

how many days does she take to finish? (on your end of course) Also, when do you prefer to harvest? )trich wise)

8. I harvest around 25% amber, 56 days of 12/12 so you could theoretically harvest around 7 weeks or less if that's what you're going for. I've never grown anything that finished this fast, it's a nice change from my 10-12 week sour diesel. This would be a great strain in a hydro setup, stuffing a flood table with clones for a SOG grow, you could probably harvest every 45-50 days.

heh.... trich or treat!!! :smoke:

9. Here we go!

Damn man, stand up job on the girls. Glad to see that cloning worked out for you.
    How does it smell in there? What do you think you'll be pulling off each?

10. Thanks bro, I'm real happy with the way they turned out. The smell is powerful, soon as I take one out it stinks up the basement. Right up until a few weeks ago I was running everything without a carbon filter, picked up a CAN filter and I love it!! I'd run one even if I wasn't growing, makes the air smell so fresh :smoke:

As far as yield per plant, I've been thinking about that a lot. My clones vegged for 5 weeks under 400w, my seed vegged for 6 weeks under a 250... and still, I think each clone will be about half the weight that the mom produced (because of the scrog method). I'm expecting 3 zips each (hopefully that's on the low end) which would hit the target I laid out in my first post. I expected 12 zips from the 400 and 4 from the 250, giving me a pound between the 2 lights.... even if I got 2 zips off 2 plants and 3 off the other 2 I'd still hit my target.

LOL, makes me think of the clone that split in half when I was tying her back, that one might be 2 zips, lol. You should've seen the look on my face when I realized that I split the stem and half the plant flopped down on the floor (jaw hit the floor a second later) :smoke: I look back and laugh

Hey man, Kandy is looking spectacular!! Good breeders make all the difference, eh? She's going to be some excellent dank!! :yummy:

Cheers!! :smoke:

11. If you're happy with them, then they are turning out perfect :-D

Can fan/filters are pretty expensive aren't they? Just curious, if they are practical enough for general use and not just grow related I may have to snag one. Heard great stuff about them, and truthfully, would rather buy that than continually replace carbon filters.

That's a pretty spectacular yeild, 10 oz off 4 plants. Best luck to you on that. I'm super eager to see what a proper photoperiod gives with just one month of veg time. How did you get a plant to split down the stem?! Talk about dropping some fruit in your loom! She survived though? And will still yeild 2 zips? Holy hell.

That happened with one of these past autos. Though it happened all on its own. She grew to 10 inches and had a nice top going, then stopped growing and from one of the bottom branches grew up past that top and turned into another. Bizarre.

Good breeders make all the difference in the world, man. Not that I'm saying dinafem isn't a good breeder because that's just not true. However, autoflowering plants is clearly something they need to work on as far as stability goes. Never got a response from them about the shitty genetics come to think of it.

Anyway, man I'm psyched to see how well things are working out for you. Congrats on getting everything dialed in and I cannot WAIT to see what you have going on after the break. Props to ya!

12. Oh yea, the 4" takes care of my whole basement, not just the growroom. I paid $140 at the shop, well over double what they ask for the generic ones, the quality is so good that replacing it once per year should keep my odor control at 100%, but for general use, say with a controller to turn it down it will probably last longer (box says 2 years but I'm not that optimistic). Good quality, excellent odor control, I'll use them for my house well after I'm done growing.

Yea bro, it's amazing what they'll survive through. Mine got some veg time after I broke her so she recovered some of it, can't really tell in the pics, eh? :p What happened is I pulled her apart to get light down the middle and the entire half just flopped down... I was like "wait... that isn't supposed to happen" :smoking:

I agree totally... it's too bad their genetics are so unpredictable, given the good quality of the product.

13. Oh, forgot to mention, I dropped my temps and letting them go an extra week, to see if some of the blues come out :smoke:

14. You dog! :smoke: Let's see some color!

That price for your can isn't that bad after all. I'm gonna shoot ya a PM here in a bit.

15. Beautifully done thus far. I'm also thinking about to switching over to a 400w hps as well. Your girls seem to love the shit out of what your doing to them. I'm slowly learning my new lady. This first round has turned out mediocre to say the least. Lots of yellowing late in flower. She has been VERY sensitive to nutes. So, I plan on trying a little experiment with my two new clones using just water on one babe and my regular feeding on the other.
    keep it up the good work man :)

16. Thanks bro!! For me it's so much easier using organics but even then there are strains that just do what they want towards the end of flower. I grew Sour D for a year straight, over and over and over and the fucking thing would lose all of her fanleaves by the end of flower no matter what I did. I grew it with the FF trio and organics, still did what she wanted.

I'm surprised at the reach of the 400w, had quite a few solid footlong colas in my last journal with the diesel. It's not too hot either, throw it in a $60 a/c hood and temps become a non-issue.

Thanks for the kind words MGJ!! Cheers!! :smoke:

17. WOOOOO harvest time!!! :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Purple!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the clone I broke

[​IMG]

My trim :smoke:

[​IMG]

I managed to pack all of my buds into the scrog rack and still have good airflow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scrog was 165? So I need 115 more than that with the clones to hit my target. Here's the scrog harvest... what choo guys think?

[​IMG]

18. Killin it Bro! Nice work, I think you hit the mark.

19. Dude oh my god.

What can you even say about some shit like that? That's fucking amazing. 115 to target? I'd say look for 225-250.

I dream of buds like that...

20. Thanks guys, can't wait to weigh it (and make more oil) 14 hours of trimming!!! It's nice to finally relax :smoke: