BLUEBERRY auto, CFL, INDOOR GROW JOURNAL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lukejj, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Hey guys!

Would like to start a journal through the rest of my girls life through to harvest! This is my very first grow!
    She is currently 32 days from germination, during the first weeks I believe i overwatered her but im not to sure. I also saw some imperfections on the leaves such as wrinkling and slightly yellow colouring in the centres of the fan leaves, growth also felt slow. Recently in the past 2 weeks she has grown better, I did not water her for a good while to let the soil dry out and this looked like it helped. At the end of the 3rd week I got a PH meter and found that my water was PH 7.8 so I dropped this down to PH 6.4 after also adding some nutes to this water. I watered her with this water about 5 days ago and she seems to be doing well. I also added another CFL to the set up today.

MY SETUP
    - Canna Coca Pro Soil
    - About 3gallon pot
    - 6500k CFL (kept on 24hrs a day)
    - 2700k CFL (kept on 24hrs a day)
    - Hydro Coco nutrients
    - Humidity and Temp meter
    - PH meter and PH up & down
    - Fan

A couple of questions I have:
    How do I know when to change light cycle?
    Is she healthy and a good size for 32 days from germination?
    What flowering nutrients would you recommend?

Please let me know your thoughts and any advice you have! It will help massively!
    Peace x

Attached Files:

2. For 2 cfl bulbs im impressed. I was not expecting that for 2 bulbs and 3 weeks. Not bad.

Your leaf and colour issue is due to the ph. When leaves have odd shape its usually ph. So thatll fix itself when you get her down after some waterings.

When it comes to flowering youre looking to lower the N and raid the P and K so a 2-4-4 would work or anything of the sort really. I grow organically, and use biothrive bloom for my feeds all organic. This is my current grow 9 days till harvest. Usuing up the last of the N in the leaves will cause the yellowing[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Also bare in mind that coco is basically inert meaning you should feed every day. M9Prime is 100% regarding your ph. Once stable between 5.8 and 6.5 your new growth should be all nice and green.

Defs gonna sub. Running a coco perlite cfl grow myself but using photo not auto. Not sure of the implications (if any) there could be due to mixing up your light spectrum with an auto.

You considered scrogging to maximise your light footprint because using CFL's?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks M9Prime!

Yeah I have brought this girl up with only 1 CFL until yesterday when I added the 2nd. Picking up another set of lights today so I can have 2 lights of be same k spectrum.
    Also half way through week 5 now (since germination).

What you said about PH is reassuring, thanks, I will update you guys with more pics when I can and hopefully to show improvements with the leaves!

Thinkin of getting some Flora Bloom nutes, these are 0-5-4, how does that sound?

I will post a some pics in a minute!!
    P.s. Awesome looking grow! Organic sounds very interesting also!

5. Thanks Wingates,

I did not know this about coco, I have only fed 2 times since seed, however I had not been watering for a couple of weeks waiting for soil to dry due to over watering.

The smaller growth which is starting to branch out looks great!! Really clean and no obvious imperfections, Iv attached some pics! But I will post a second message/comment after this reply with some pics of the struggling leaves.

Sorry I don't know what scrogging means?

Thanks for the advice, please check out my next comment with pics of the struggling leaves!

Attached Files:

6. IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0889.JPG Okay so here is the the update on the leaf imperfections, these are really effecting the top growth, is this also PH issues?
    This is half way through the 5th week from germination.
    However like I said the younger growth which I posted some pics in my last reply is growing pretty fine.
    The leaves seem bubbly/wrinkly, and yellowing/lime green colours from the centre of the leaves? Please see attached pics ☺️ Or is this all normal haha thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
  7. Still a ph issue, itll take a bit to get it resolved if you dont flush. But there really isnt a reason to flush right now, so id just keep giving proper ph water and itll sort itself in a few waterings.

Im pretty sure youre not growing in coco, or youd definitely see deficiencies. Coco needs to be pre loaded with nutes and fed everytime. Youre simply using a soil infused with coco to improve drainage. Which is great! Keep with the regular feeding dont nute everytime

8. Okay, thank you M9Prime!
    Yeah it's Coco infused soil sorry, I'll keep to regular feeding and will get some Flora Bloom 0-5-4 for the up coming weeks!
    I will update the journal after my next water! Thanks! Feeling more positive now, I was getting stressed out about it aha

9. When you flower youre going to need more light. Do you have a budget youre trying to stay within? 2 cfls aint ganna cut it.

10. I have 4 CFLs now, 2 more arrived today. So in total I now have 2x 2700k and 2x 6500k, both at 225w output, will this cut it? I also have reflective walls etc

11. Whats the real wattage on those bulbs? Like 27w? Itll say a true watt number.

12. 45w equivalent to 225w

13. Yeah 2 more will definietly help.
    Cfls arent to great.

14. Okay, will get two more on the go and update with pics after next water/feed

15. Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Check out this thread by Mick Foster. Will tell you everything you need to know about growing in coco and scrog (screen of green). Just check if autos are suitable for scrog before you go ahead and do it. Haven't had any experience doing it with an auto.

If I had to guess, I'd say your lime green is happening because your plants are hungry. Also, don't use bloom until you do the flip to 12/12 and consider supplimenting with silica and calmag. Silica for stronger cell walls meaning a better stronger main stem and calmag because plants love that shit. Lol.

16. Also, tie those plants down to expose the new growth to the lighting otherwise you're gonna end up with a stretchy plant. Lst will improve what minimal cfls can do

17. UPDATE! Day 35 from germination.
    Since my last update I have watered once (tapwater PH'd to 6.4) and fed (tapwater with Formulex and PH'd to 6.4).
    I have recently added a 3rd CFL light to give more light and done some low stress training with ties to allow light to reach new growth etc

How does she look? Any tips / advice you can give me? How much do you think she will produce in weight?

There are a couple small imperfections with the plant, one being new marks on the tips of two of the leaves, I believe these are burns from touching the lights briefly at one point. The other is still the wrinkley/bubbly texture to some leaves and curling of the top leaves.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      2.9 MB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  18. Looking much better man. I'd just consider getting your CFL's horizontal as apposed to vertical as the bottom of the globes are kinda like dead spots for lumens. The sides of the globes are a lot more effective.

Don't know how your budget is looking but getting some housing for the globes would help alot too. Cheap alternative is using foil take away containers with a hole cut out for the socket. If you can just line the containers with sussilation (or however you spell it) or mylar it would help alot too.

19. Gonna need more lights if you want any weight.Heres my 10 light cfl unit.[​IMG]

20. Hey guys new update!

So! Day 46!

My friend went away for a week and didnt water his plant until he got back. Some of the lower leaves have dried up/wilted/died and dropped off. He watered asap and fed when he got back, the leaves stopped looking so wilted pretty quickly which is good!

MORE IMPORTANTLY!
    Started to notice a few small white hairs starting to grow before I left, only like 3-5 and a week later this had not changed, nor had they grown.
    Decided to change the lighting schedule two days ago from 24hrs to 12/12hrs. Hopefully this will induce flowering even though these are autoflowering seeds... I feel they should have started already... I'm not really sure.

I took some pics today (day 46) so please take a look!

Would love to hear any advice you have and your thoughts on how she's doing? Does she look good, bad for day 46 etc I worry a lot!

Thanks

Attached Files: