BLUEBERRY 400w DWC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by durkadurka555, Aug 20, 2008.

1. If I were you I'd put the male somewhere safe, and try to collect the pollen from it and save it. Blueberry is an awesome breeding strain, trust me. Black Russian can be traced back to Blueberry, with some AK-47, Cherry, and various others. Just a thought.

2. Thanks for the thought but I wouldnt waste a female to make seeds. I'm just looking to get some buds. But I will be looking into that in a few years when I get more space.

3. Question. How long can I keep the male in the grow room before it will pollinate the females. Because I want to keep it in there as long as possible so I can get some kief.

4. Nooooooo no no no no no...... Sorry to be so blunt, but get that guy outta there! If you really want to get some kief off of it, put it outside far away from your house. And if you ever go to see it, MAKE SURE to rinse your hands with rubbing alcohol and wash them with soap and water.
    Point being, as soon as you know it's a male it needs to be distanced from your girls.
    Peace
    DM

5. I just got done smoking with my babies:smoking: How many of you do this?

6. I used to when I grew outdoors all the time. Now that I'm indoors, I can't even think of doing it. There's so much bad shit in smoke (any kind of smoke) and it removes oxygen from the room, so I keep that whole half of the house a smoke-free area. I'm just paranoid about the grow environment, though, so do whatever puts a smile on your face. :D
    DM

7. Wow i've heard that term "Popcorn" one other time in my life when i was buying weed from some dude i didnt know. Can you explain "Popcorn" a little more?

8. Popcorn buds/nugs are the little ones that aren't big enough to connect with the buds above them. Usually, they're approximately popcorn-sized or even bigger.

EDIT: Where's the pics, Durka? lol

9. Awesome looking plants man...this is exatly the setup i want with the same strand i want...its awesome to watch you do it all first!! I jus have a couple questions for you- what nute solution did you say you were using? How are you draining your bucket when changing out the nutes/water? How do you refill the bucket,by jus pouring on the top?

10. I read your first thread and found the nutes you were using..sorry for the dumb question. Jus 1 more to add.... What kinda air pump do you have hooked up to your air stones? Do you have different stones in each bucket all hooked up to the same pump..or seperate pumps? You said you were using 400W..is that an HPS? are you using the same light for both phases of growth? i'm a noob and plan on starting my first grow..thanks for the help

11. Yeah I just drain it into another bucket, then mix the nutes into water and pour it through the top

I am using one 300 gallon air pump for 4 circle airstones. I used a 400 watt metal halide for veg and now I am using a high pressure sodium for flower.

12. Haha I'll have some up either today or tomorrow.

13. Aight sweet..thanks man

14. Day 17 of flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Been watching your grow. LOOKS GREAT! Jus had another question for ya, it looks like you are growing in a closet?? Jus curious how you have the inline fan with the air duct hooked up with the door closed??

16. I dont keep the door closed, I have a sheet of 6mm thick panda film as the wall for the closet, and I have a hole cut in it so I can run the ducting outside the closet

17. PICS PLLLLLEASE!!!:D:hello:

18. #78 durkadurka555, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008

tomorrow;) (oct 9)

19. beautiful grow there durka.
    the more i read about these dwc
    grows the more excited i am bout getting
    my shit all set up for my grow. quick question..
    im not using buckets, but i will be using
    20 gallon storage tubs which are green. i dont
    know if they are light proof, do you suggest that i
    get some of that reflective tape and wrap the tubs with it?

20. Yo man if your gonna do DWC, i would recommend adding a water pump and an aero manifold with some misters to the mix.

I found this especially good for seedlings because it has more coverage. After about a week or two, the roots have already dropped into the bottom of the tub. So at that point its a hybrid DWC/aero.

I recommend looking into a little bit, tons of info on this site.