BLUEBERRY 400w DWC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by durkadurka555, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Yes I have a 5 inch circle airstone with the lucas formula

2. thanks for the quick reply durk, I want to do a run like yours with a clone but Iwasnt sure if running it in the the lucus formula requires a bubbler and weekly res. changes.

3. i was reading through rumples thread on these bubble buckets. he was changing the res every ten days.

i want to do the same buckets and all. only thing i've never grown lol. i'm thinking maybe...for the 1st round just stick to soil, while i build my bubble buckets.hmm.. we'll see. =) good luck man your plants are looking tough!!

4. I change mine every week or so....Its really not that big of a project, it takes like 5 minutes. Everyone should, your plant will only benefit from it.

Right before you go into flowering, I would suggest taking the plant out of the bucket and scrubbing it clean. There will be madd nutrient scum all over the place.

I use hygrozyme to wipe my shit down. Idk if it helps but it dosent hurt....

Caution: I am a noob, everything i say could be wrong, but it works for me:smoke:

5. Yeah I change mine every 7-10 day. This is my first grow. But I have been researching for about half a year before I even started the grow. But I researched my ass off. Read books, magazines, and internet. Any possible way to learn more.

6. Diddo. It seemed to pay off for both of us;)

7. I can tell you guys that Lucas has made it very clear that not one res change is needed IF,their are no light leaks,the solutions temps. are not way high(all of which will cause other than wanted scum and or algae growth).Using a ppm meter in conjunction with a pH will allow you to dial in Everything so their is no need to make res. changes,he even does multiple grows on the same solutions.He also uses only R/O in his grows and this may have something to do with it.

My last lil grow was not 100% light proofed and was not chilled and every week i did changes because of growth and had good results with 10 plants right off rooted clones.

This time its 100% light proof and i use a chiller @68F. and in 2 months my 25 gal. res. is crystal clear and plants are perfect in their 2nd week of flower and 53" tall.

IIRC Rumple does the add back and may use tap H2o and that could be why he does it,im sure he knows Lucas doesent do res. changes too.;)

8. EMERGENCY! I have no power because of a hurricane, and my plants have had no light for about 16 hours. What is the longest they will survive without light. Ive never had this happen:( Im really pissed right now

9. you could try getting some battery powered LEDs? maybe some kind of a generator? That blows multiple dicks, sorry man.

10. Deep cycle batteries and a converter with CFLs would work for awhile but its best when you have a freshly charged batt. waiting plugged in fully charged.

Put um in the green house,sorry man,im sure its a motherfucker w/o power....and light!:eek:

Id guess a few days???

Id find a bat. powered air pump now though.

11. Might be ok in darkness for a few days. I really dunno :(

If its bright outside, and feasable for your location you could put them outside for a while?

12. He has DWC.

13. they should be ok for a few days........
    might stimulate some extra trichs to boot........relax and be sure they dont dry out....

14. do we have any updates? did the plants survive the storm?

15. Hey everyone, I didn't have power for four days but the plants survived but were a little beat up. I put them into flower on Sep 16. I would get pics up but I'm using my friends computer at his house and dont have internet at my house yet. They actually grew a good amount while the lights were out. So thats why I put them into flowering as soon as I got power because a lot of people give the plant a dark period before flowering, except mine was a little too long. But the plants are about 2 feet and doing good. I will have pics up when I can.

16. glad to hear it and pics would be good. planning on doing this strain so ill be watching your grow. please be detailed as possible.

17. I was a little worried that you had lost your crop. Its good to hear that everything is going fine and I'm excited to see these things bud!

18. very glad to hear the ladies are doing well

19. The plants were a little beat up from having no light for four days. But today is the 8th day of flowering
    Week 5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Good news.... I have 2 confirmed females and one male. I'm little mad because the male is about 30 inches. And the females are like a foot shorter. But I guess 2 plants are better than one:)