Blue Widow-Dinafem-smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Vader Haze, May 23, 2011.

1. #1 Vader Haze, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    =================================================
    IDENTIFICATION

Date: 5-20-11
    Strain: Blue Widow
    Breeder: Dinafem
    Grower: Vader Haze
    Smoker: Vader Haze
    PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
    1. Visual Appeal: [7]Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. Visible Trichomes: [6] Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [ ] Cloudy [ x] Amber [25% ] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [ x] Gold [ ] Blue [ x] Grey [ ] White [ ]
    Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [x ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [ 8] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ 2] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]
    Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petro [ ] Cedar [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
    Bubblegum [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Leather [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
    Chocolat [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ 2] Spice [ ]Coconut [ ]
    Pineapple [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [6 ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ] Other [ ]

7. Aroma [8 ] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [1 ] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [ 2] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
    ==================================================
    THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
    Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [ ]
    Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [sm. metal ]
    Joint (enter brand of papers) [zig-zag ]
    Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [5] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ]
    Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ]
    Musk [6 ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ 1] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
    with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [ 6] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [5 ] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [ 9] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [ 6] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
    Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [4 ] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [ 3] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [ 8] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [2 ] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [7 ] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [2 ] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [6 ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [ 9] Day - work [9 ] Evening - relax [ 3] Night - sleep [3 ]

9. Overall satisfaction [7 ] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [ 7] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
    strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [x ] No [ ]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I want to add that Im a harsh critic. Although I only gave this strain a 7/10 I havent had nothing but good feedback.

But a 10 would prolly need to jump out of the bag and throw me a beeg.:wave:

3. That sounds really nice. I drooled reading that.

4. detailed review, looks good :smoke:

5. Good Stuff. Id reccomend to grow and smoke.

6. I got a Dinafem 'Blue Hash' seed for free with an order from the Attitude. I popped the seed and vegged it for about 2 months before transplanting into a 5 gallon bucket with a custom soil blend. I put a net over the top and in no time flat that plant was six feet tall. It outgrew the space indoors I had set aside for it and so 4 weeks into flowering I had to move it outdoor. A real monster of a plant. Easily drinks a gallon of water every other day. A real beast of a haze. I've grown a lot of plants but I have never grown a plant that smells like this one. It has a smell I can only describe as a very strong blue candy smell. A lot of hazes have a sort of fruity smell to them but this ones pretty strong.

7. I'd love to see a pic of that girl; I just put a BH bean in the germination pod a few hours ago; going 12/12 from bean to bud.

8. Just finished growing this baby last week. Bonus seed received from my order. This was a very impressive and strong strain throughout it's entire life cycle. The plant itself generated a deep smell before my others. It also grew multiple stems of large/fat/sticky nugs. The trichomes towards the end of 12/12 is very delightful :]

I just smoked it and it's smooth as butter. I flushed for 2 weeks in an Aeroponic system.

9. Currently growing this strain, was a freebie. It is side by side with a Nirvana NL and a Bagseed Ice. The blue hash has far more developed buds, and a strong lemony smell. Cant wait to harvest this.

Also this is my first official grow.

10. Dinafem Blue widow I grew in the past always had a nice lemon taste with a hint of musk. nice and smooth like smoking air.
    Glad to hear it is a nice stable strain with consistent taste/smell

11. I got one of these girls going! She's been vegging for about a month and a half now. She's very easy to clone and one of the most beautiful plants I've ever grown. Dark green and healthy as hell through out veg so far. I've already topped her a few times so she's just one short thick ass bush. I'll probably let her go another month before flowering her out but after reading your report I can't hardly wait to get some buds off this girl. She should be a monster by the time she finishes!

12. I recently grew out a Dinafem Blue Widow and was very pleased with the plant. It was very good bud, she was very easy to grow and very quick flowering.

Would give her a 9 considering her fast flowering time.

13. Well I'm now around 2.5 weeks into flower with this strain and so far so good. I haven't had any problems with her at all and she has to be the fruitiest smelling strain I've ever grown. She smells just like fruity pebbles. I have Kushberry, SourKush, Strawberry Cough and OG#18 growing along side her and so far she's the most vigorous plant of them all. I can't wait to try her out.

14. damn, fruitiest smelling one?? and you're growing kushberry? haha well shit. i grew kb my last run, and i've never smelled anything like it, straight up FRUITY. i have a blue widow seed ready to go after my kushage plant finishes so now i'm psyched to compare to the kb :). are you doing any kind of grow journal or anything? i'd be really interested to get any particular details on growing this strain for future reference! nute sensitivity, trainability etc. at least give us a grow report when it's all said and done?

15. I've grown KB around 6 times. It's my favorite but the BW smells way better while growing. Very sweet and fruity smell. I don't have a journal going now but I'll definately post a smoke/grow report when done. As for nute sensitivity I've been trying out the FF line at full strength and she seems to love it. She really responds well to topping and supercropping.

16. #16 pitbull420, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    Here's a couple pics of my BW 4 weeks into flower. She was vegged for two months and topped several times. This girl still stands over 3' tall and is just starting to pack on wieght!! She smells amazing and is already covered in crystals!! Can't wait to try this bud out!! Sorry for the shitty pics ny camera sucks lol.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      99 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      129.6 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      130.3 KB
      Views:
  17. looks like it could be a nice stain. I am suppose to have a seed of this Blue Widow coming from a friend. I was wonder a (1) for seeds it was rated?

Did everyone have seeds in harvest of dinafem BW?

18. i have a blue widow seed that just pooped like a day ago.. ill let everyone know how my pheno type goes.. i grow sour D so ill compare the high with that. the smell , by what ive read, is going to be way difrent than the fuel smell of my Diesel.

19. hey i have sour d alond side of this strain too... ill tell you right now the sour d is going to be way better of course.. the blue widow just dosent compare, the smell of blue widow is nothing unique. its lemon musk, witch is very common. the high is much better than the looks . thank god.

20. Im growingblue widow now. Well i have 8clones of her and a mommy thats ridiculous. I took 8 clips off her and she is still the biggest n my veg

ForumRunner_20121217_030727.png

Its the one rite n the front the biggest one at 2 weeks from clone

Sent from my 5860E using GC Forum