Blue dream training

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by 967, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Anyone have any idea on best way to train blue dream, or not at all? Recently popped a couple of beans and want to make the most of them. Not sure if I should top, lst, supercrop, all of the above... I'm thinking mainline it once early on but not sure where to go from there..

Been growing pineapple express almost exclusively for the last 5 or 6 years. If the blue dream fails to yield like pineapple I'll probably revert back to what I know, which would be a shame

Will be growing 600hps + 315w cmh stacked vert in 4 recirculating hydro buckets. Be 2x blue dream, 1 gorilla breath and 1 phantom cookies domina (mostly because these two should finish closer to blue dream than any of my other seeds). Kind of pissing in the wind really but I'll give it a go. Should at least give me an idea of quality, yield etc, even if they finish up half the size of the blue dreams

Cheers

2. Blue dream is quite a good giver if using well known trusted breeders my advice would be grow 6 nodes top down to 4th and open up that canopy tie any light junkie tops down to create a a flat table canopy with all colas receiving the same amount of light.

3. Mainline the shit outta it... Hang on I'll link you to my journal.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4. The ones I had were flippn brilliant... Responded to HST like a beast and had an amazing structure (very sturdy).

5. Holy shit. Good effort mate I'll do that for sure! If only I had seen that before ordering the seeds I'd have ordered Nirvana instead of Humboldt. I grow vert tho so not sure how that and main lining would come together.. i guess time will tell

I read a while shitload of that thread but must have skipped over the part about the light and space size haha.. care to share?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks bro..
    Interestingly when I ordered them, I thought they were Humboldt, I just didn't know much about breeders and genetics at the time as that was my first order. I'd buy them again though, it's a really good indoor strain IMO.

You got a journal to that vert grow? I haven't followed one before... And yeah, give the method a try to see if it works for you, it's the only way you'd know.

Haha yeah sure man, the tent is the 70cm x 70cm x 160cm MarsHydro, made of 600D Mylar.
    The light is a 240w Hipargero HG800 COB LED fixture - it's older tech but man it performs.

7. Nah I've never done a journal. I wouldn't mind doing one at some point but I'm still on a magnetic hps ballast which seems to mess with my ability to take pictures. I'm a bit of a messy guy too really need to get power cables off the floor etc And just generally tidy things up

Some really good ones on icmag which is why I got into it (well that and 15 years growing you kinda get bored and need to change things up sometimes). Unfortunately the standard of members seems a bit on the self righteous side...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cleaning up your grow area is surprisingly easier than you think, I've just finished sorting mine out... I had all the cables just behind the tent so you couldn't see most of them but most of the wiring was DIY and a real mess.

Holy shit 15 years... How long you using the vert method?

9. Only been vert for about 3 years or so. Grew coco DTW horizontal for years until switching to vert, then after a couple of coco vert grows decided to go recirculating hydro to cut down on the work. I'll try remember to get a pic tonight just before lights come on. She's a bit of a jungle really about 10 days into 12/12 so still a lot of growing to go. Not my finest work haha

Vert was the cheapest and easiest yield increase I ever saw fwiw...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Couple pics of aforementioned vert grow. 3x pineapple express and 1 random bitch I named frosty britches after a mate that saved my problem grow by replacing 3 of my plants with his

Normally would like to get them a bit taller before flip but the big girl in there was taking off and I really didn't want to cut here as she has the best structure of any plant I've ever grown for what I'm trying to do

First grow with 600hps and 315cmh. Previous grows I used 600 and a 250w mh conversion bulb just as I had it laying round unused. Best I got from setup was 21.7 oz of top shelf dense as weed from 4x pineapple express. Hoping to better that with the addition of cmh but I'm not sure it's gonna happen this grow. Probably not next either as I'll be 3 strains from seed so balancing nutrition in recirculating system might prove a problem...

IMG20200701175417.jpg IMG20200701175354.jpg

Excuse the poor quality pictures, be fingerprints all over my lense

• Like Like x 1