Blue Dream Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm Ron Burgundy?, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Welcome to everything and anything related to the cannabis strain Blue Dream. It's been my favorite strain for the past 5 years. It works for so many ailments it really is an all encompassing medicine.

As most of you know it's a sativa-dominant cross of DJ Short’s original Blueberry and Super Silver Haze.
    Blueberry itself is such a great strain for pain relief, you get that floaty feeling. The Haze side gives you the euphoric uplift to balance the effects perfectly. The only downside is finding the right grower. Because of it's popularity everyone and their mother tries to grow this strain. So if you find an outstanding batch then savor it and make friends with the grower.

Please post anything related to this strain. Let's hear you experience with it and feel free to post your Blue Dream plants, pickups or anything that pertains to this wonderful strain. :bongin: I

I'll start off with some I just got from my collective. They use the same grower and BD is the only strain he grows. It's really the best I've found after 5 years of trying dozens of dispensaries.
    [​IMG]

My current bagseed Blue Dream in flower now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. I like this review, it's pretty spot on.

The smell: Fruity blueberry aroma with a subtle hint of haze and vanilla after-scent.

The flavor: Fruity blueberry. The blueberry flavor gives way to hints of vanilla and an underlying lavender aroma adding to its complexity. There is a subtle detection of a sort of exotic wood taste that might remind you of Nag Champa or some other highly aromatic incense.

The cloud: Blue Dream has a distinct smell that lingers long after the joint has been smoked and whatever you were just talking about has been completely wiped from your memory. The scent of haze is most apparent in the cloud. If you walk into a room where Blue Dream has just been smoked, you’ll likely recognize it immediately, if the grins of stoned happiness aren’t evidence enough.

The high: Blue Dream delivers instant contentment. Many find Blue Dream to be a great daytime high, suitable for energetic activity.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Not gonna lie BD when I was able to get it, was fire more so than the Kush strains or even GC or Sour D. I always grabbed a half zip. Now it's rarer in these parts and sadly haven't been able to find any since January.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  4. One time I had a life changing epiphany about how I need to live in the moment and not let life passing me by because I'm too busy thinking about stressful shit or just generally overthinking. And how being "in the zone" is like how you achieve greatness at whatever you're attempting. Just being in the moment at all times.
    And it was all because of blue dream. Since then I've fallen in love, learned to play the guitar and now I'm in an amazing band experiencing cool things with them, and I've just chillaxed a lot

• Like Like x 1
  5. White Widow...'Cause I'm the match that lights the box on fire.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Dream is easily in my top three strains.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ha you rebel. Let's compromise, Berry White?
    Dat Blueberry doe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I can say for myself that if you have smoked weed in california, you have heard of blue dream to say the least. A personal favorite of mine, but some say too much of the same thing can be a bad compulsion. Even so, my dispensary has had an organically grown greenhouse cut of blue dream that was absolutely amazing in every way. Sad now that it isn't available, but it served a worthy purpose for daily returns to mother Blue Dream. 9.5/10 easy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Berry White dabs are the shit. Just had some of those not to long ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm probably one of the few but blue dream, along with any other blueberry lineage strains I have sampled, have been what I would consider average in just about every way. I'm not saying it is bad, just not impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Being a 50/50 hybrid, you get the best of both worlds with this strain of cannabis. The effects are instant & plentiful, making it an instant favorite among most MMJ patients. However, as with all strains of cannabis, the specific phenotype you are medicating with is unique and has its own characteristics.

For this reason, it’s important to remember that not all Blue Dream cuts will make you feel happy, energetic, with a soaring head-high. Although common, this is not always the case. Rather, depending on the Blue Dream phenotype, people may experience more of a full body melt (Indica-dominant) or uplifting head high (Sativa-dominant). It really depends on the specific phenotype you are medicating with. Like people, all strains of cannabis have their unique differences.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 I'm Ron Burgundy?, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Organic home grown Blue Dream from bagseed.
    [​IMG]
    The smell is intoxicating....another reason why I love this strain. :pimp:

• Like Like x 3
  13. i got an ounce of this strain called Sugar Mama, i was pretty sure it was blue dream though. Anyone have any info on the santa cruz cut blue dream?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I hate how people name their strains.
    Blue dream is about my favorite strain, but more than half the dispensaries never have true blue dream, anything can be slapped with a name for sales.

I love the fucking smell of it and can't be faked.
    Sometimes I smell random jars and I'm like 'that's it, I'll take this one'.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just came across this thread by accident and I'm glad I did.

I Absolutely LOVE Blue Dream it's my absolute favorite strain and has absolutely changed my life in so many ways

I always make room in the tent every run for 1. The plant towards the top of the pic is HSO BD grown in a organic soil mix & rain water only 5 weeks. [​IMG]

By the way Ron you get some beautiful flower where ever you live .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 I'm Ron Burgundy?, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Your plants look awesome dude. I need to get some legit BD seeds for this summer. My bagseed turned out amazing but now I have no seeds left. Any suggestion where to order seeds in the states? I'm weary of using an out of country seed bank..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks I appreciate it. I put some man hours into that soil and so far so good.

I've only ordered from Attitude and have no complaints at all they resent a few orders that customs picked off but eventually they made it no problem.

I'd agree your bag seed grow turned out nice

• Like Like x 1
  18. Couple more days Ron!! I can't wait!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. [​IMG] a 3.5 hands down my favorite strain always pick it up when I can.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  20. My Blue Dream @ 5wk flowering. Super strong blueberry smell at this point.
    bluedream.jpg

• Like Like x 2