Blue Cheese Second Grow, advice welcome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theislander, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Hey animal I gave it a shot haha kinda hard to keep the nail hot but it made me think of this!
    1390270793600.jpg
    It's a coal for a hookah and I just drip the oil on one drop at a time and catch it like you said with a small funnel.

I was actually gonna suggest a hookah coal. Heat it up, dab it while inhaling with a small funnel.
    way to be resourceful bro!

3. Hahhaha thats freakin awesome, did you get all the vapors? How well did it work?

4. Not quite all of them haha it takes longer than one inhale so I gotta squeeze an exhale in there somewhere lol I'm sure after some practice it'll be much easier

5. The bigger plant is looking good but I did notice something today when I was switching the two big cfl's out for 3 smaller ones to spread the light better. Turns out my big ones were 4100k not 6500k, I coulda SWORE I got 6500 but guess not haha

6. This is a really good comparison that shows that giant cfl's aren't always the best choice (not to mention harder to find)
    Large bulb info: -45w
    -3000 lumens
    -$19.99

Small bulb: -23w
    -1450 lumens
    -$3.33 (pack of 3 is 9.99)

So for 20 bucks you could buy one large bulb OR 3 small ones and 2 "Y" splitters (if you didn't do your math that's an extra 1350 lumens with the small fellas!) 1390342573867.jpg

Don't underestimate the lil guy!

7. I got 1 55 watt and 10 23 watters on one plant. My 55 watt was $10 and I can get 4 23 watters for 3$ a pack.10 23 watters for about 8$..thats definately a way better deal.Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Where did you find those Y splitters? Walmart?

9. Yeah! Building supply stores have them too, usually like 5 bucks

10. Awesome! That's a great price. Thanks so much. I never realized there was that big of a difference with the large bulbs versus the small ones.

Cool idea with the oil and hookah coal sounds interesting

11. about 2.59 a piece here in scSent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yeah shits more expensive here usually lol it bows

13. The seedlings are taking off now that I have the right bulbs in there haha still no sign of the other white widow which kinda sucks...

The big plant looks like it's doing really well, at least as far as I can tell lol I've been doing mini flushes every few days. Here's what everyone wants to see haha 1390508626993.jpg

14. :)

Attached Files:

15. Since you're transplanting, make sure you cut your soil with perlite, it helps with water retention if you need it

16. I literally read this like 30 seconds after I transplanted, I'll get some perlite mixed in next time I transplant for sure.

17. I actually had a Bubba Kush seed that grew two separate plants, full size. So it possible that they both make it. 

18. Good to hear! There's still two seedlings that are together and they'll be staying that way

Bet you were pretty happy about that lil surprise!