Blu Ray films in Full HD and Full surround sound are fucking immense while high!

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by p3/-/n, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I also have an hd dvd/bluray combo drive on my comp. It also burns blu-rays. It's an hp, which brand is yours?

2. what?? well what kind of tv have you been watching it on?

3. Just because its encoded in 1080p doesn't mean its actually shot in 1080p.

4. Planet Earth, 1080p, the true BBC version with David Attenborough narrating. Disc 1. Part 3 - Fresh Water. There is a shot where the camera goes over Angel Falls (tallest waterfall in the world) then spins around and gets a panoramic view of it. AMAZING. Also, later in Fresh Water when the crocs/alligators are killing the wildebeest in slo mo.

Also, check out BARAKA - the highest quality most stunning video disc ever released. No narration, good music. It is all tracking shots of the worlds most beautiful places, people, and just cool shit.

5. the above post... Totally agree. amazingly beautiful movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraka_(film)

Following previous DVD releases, in 2007 the original 65 mm negative was re-scanned at 8K (a horizontal resolution of 8192 pixels) with equipment designed specifically for Baraka at FotoKem Laboratories. The automated 8K film scanner, operating continuously, took more than three weeks to finish scanning more than 150000 frames (taking approximately 12-13 seconds to scan each frame), producing over 30 terabytes of image data in total. After a 16-month digital intermediate process, including a 96 kHz/24 bit audio remaster by Stearns for the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, the superior result was finally re-released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in October, 2008. Project supervisor Andrew Oran says this remastered Baraka is "arguably the highest quality DVD that's ever been made".[1] Chicago Sun-Times critic Roger Ebert describes the Blu-ray release as "the finest video disc I have ever viewed or ever imagined."

And it is.

6. Mine doesnt burn, just reads/plays
    Its an LG one from newegg that now sell for around $130 I think.
    No problems, but i hate ALL the software currently available for bluray playback on computer.
    Shits so terribly made.

7. I only have a 360, i think the games are better, but the ps3 definitely pwns everything else, mainly because of blu-ray and the rediculous processor it has

8. I agree with you. Watching a HD movies is amazing while high. It feels like you're part of the movie.

I just can't bring myself to agree with the fanboy rant of your post. Leave your bias in your head and stay on topic man. We don't need a fanwar.

9. yea bluray just makes everything so much better to watch if ur high, i was watching amityville horror (2005 one) last night while on some crazy stuff and wow it was intense