Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blowing smoke through your nose...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DaWood, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Me and my friend were having this conversation that if you blow smoke through your nose it gets you higher since it goes straight through your head, is this true?

2. I dont know I used to love doing that. I did it once on a big ass blunt one time though, and my right nosrtil was just fucked for like 6 months, and really about a year after that. So be carefull

3. LOL it doesn't go through your head really... it just goes through the passage that connects your nose and mouth.

4. no it doesnt get you higher since the thc is absorbed in the lungs and not really in the nose and mouth

5. Dude, thats crazy because me and my friend were having this conversation about if you blow smoke through your nose it gets you higher since it goes straight through your head, crazy shit dude?@?@:bongin:

6. i wouldnt see it getting you higher. I have a habbit of blowing smoke through my nose though. Big negative is it makes it way harder to tell if your clothes, car, room, etc reek of weed or not.

7. Were you both high when you thought of that? That is a stoner quote for sure... :smoke:

8. I thikn traditional tobacco pipe smokers inhale into the mouth [not the lungs], holds it, and exhales through the nose. this allows the smoker to absorb the nicotein through the pallet and nose. This means less lung damage, but lots of throat, pallet, tounge etc cancer. They also go through lots of tobacco, and smoke up the place.

So maybe alil, but chances are you've got all your gonna get from inhaling as your lungs have a large surface area and tehy are designed to absorb stuff.

I personally never exhale through the nose. I like to enjoy my food.

9. Nope, does not make a damn difference.

Dont risk fucking up your sinuses. Becuase if you dont cleanse them regularly then its a pain in the ass to do so. it just makes you smell AND taste nasty resin and tar. I have never done it on purpose.

10. read the above posts. Also i ahev a friend that complained of nosebleeds when he tried to do the same. :-/

11. i always french inhale, blow out my nose etc.

No problems ever, at least not what you guys are talking about

12. I smoke cigarettes and almost exclusively exhale through my nose. I don't normally exhale pot through my nose....it ends up feeling really weird and unpleasant. Although it's been a while since I tried. Let's take a hit in the name of science.

(about a minute later)

Okay...that was kind of cool...you guys should try this.

13. It most certainly will make you higher. But not because it goes straight to your head, thats just silly...

Think of all of the capillaries in your nasal passages. Its like inhaling them through a second pair of lungs. Granted, it won't make your weed more potent or anything, but you may absorb any thc that was not absorbed in your lungs.

People can absorb many other chemicals through their nose, why not THC?

This isn't speculation, this is mother fucking science, people.

14. right on. The only downfall to doing it is it burns and makes your nose runny. It makes complete sense. It just exposes the [remaining] THC to more things that will absorb it.

15. It's never bothered me, don't know why... Maybe cuz I don't take very big hits.

16. Well I was just saying that out of personal experience. Hell, it could just be me. But I believe you produce more snot when exposed to more contaminants, so it'd make sense. But don't quote me on that since idk the specifics.

but hey, if you're trying to get higher. no harm in having a box of kleenex if it means more thc.

17. Really? I've always found weed to be a lot smoother coming out of your nose. Especially when compared to cigarettes.

It's habit for me to shut my mouth after I take a hit and let it all come out my nose. If in reality it doesn't get you higher, it sure does feel like it. Even if it's just a psychological affect, I like it.

18. For me it depends on the kind of weed. For instance, if im smoking a blunt with hash in it...I cough like a motherfucker. But if its a nice little joint with some tasty mids, then its great and i can smoke the whole thing without coughing.