Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blowing Out the Window - Cold to Hot / Hot to Cold

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chillax, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Hey blades,
    Just a quick question. I knew the answer to this at one point but forgot it. Imagine that. A stoner forgetting something.:D

Anyway. If I smoke inside and blow the smoke out the window, is it more likely the smoke will go out if I'm smoking in a room that is colder than it is outside or hotter? I can't really explain what I mean ... but I hope you get it.

Much appreciation for the answers. Enjoy your Friday nights.:smoke:

Peace,
    Chillax

2. i dont think it wil make a difference just have a fan blowing out the window

3. A working knowledge of pressure gradients is important for all stoners.

The smoke from your herb is going to follow the direction of the pressure gradient. If the air in the room your smoking in is hotter (higher pressure) than the air outside (lower pressure), the smoke will TEND to flow out of the window. The reverse is also true.

It is important to note, however, that if you are smoking hear a window, breeze from outside my blow the smoke and odor further in to the house, and it may take longer for the smell to dissipate.

4. Wow. That's an awesome reply man. Thanks so much. Rep+.

Peace out,
    Chillax