Blow my mind

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Screamslaughter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. The brain is the most important organ...according to the brain.

2. [quote name='"nisim777"']The brain is the most important organ...according to the brain.[/quote]

so why do they keep brain dead pepple plugged into machines? (heres a hint: $$$$$)

3. [quote name='"ThatGurl"']

It is just fascinating to me how gravity "works". It is a trip...One of lifes little treasures that doesn't cost a dime.
    :smoke:[/quote]

Gravity is crazy. Supposedly the force of gravity is created from large 'rips' in space-time, or a LOT of mass. And without gravity, things couldn't orbit. So no planet could have any kind of life form.
    I'm sure glad we have it!

4. When I learned that the little chain like floaters I kept seeing in my eye were protein strands

Little things like that; easily impressed

5. Think about how the first cells learned to convert energy from that giant exploding gas ball in the sky through photosynthesis. Or how many separate events had to go perfectly in order for you to be in existence. I'm a bio major, the craziest thing to me is that a different world would have a completely different species with an entirely different biology, using different nutrients and processes to perform basic life functions, possibly even using chemicals and elements that we've never discovered in our little slice of the universe

6. Not rips, more like bends or warps, but still, quite crazy nonetheless.

7. It's a large mass distorting/bending space-time :p

"Historically there's a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, they deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the bible. And third, they say we knew it all along." hahahaha

8. I've been watching some shows on tv.
    I think it's called Through The Wormhole. Or something like that..
    But anyways., it talks about how we're so young in comparison to the universe., so it would be stupid of us to think us a the only living organisms.
    The way the explain the data & theories. It just blows my fuckin mind.

9. Our purpose is to increase our knowledge and awareness about the universe, our creator.

10. Ohh really. :rolleyes:

What if my purpose was to prevent you from doing so?

11. Come get me. :devious: