Blossom Blood?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by knowboddy, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I saw something at the store the other day called "Blossom Blood" that I was wondering if anyone was familiar with.

It didn't really look like a quality product to me but I hadn't heard of it before so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. So, has anyone used Blossom Blood before and if so, how did it compare to something like Big Bud?

From what I read on the box it wasn't clear what Blossom Blood is even supposed to do. At one point it sounds like a typical flower booster but then just a little later in the description it says it's a buffering solution or something. Anyone know for sure?

2. Blossom Blood is a Ph stabilizer, not a fertilzier or anything. For use in Hydro
    setups only.

~Experimentalist

3. I've heard of some growers using menstrual blood to boost flower production.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Man I hope your joking:eek:....another reason to know what is put in your grow...Just think...and we hate the taste of chem. in our grows...wonder how u flush that shit out?:confused_2:

5. Just watch the clots,they can really clog the pumps up good.:D

It wont flush out,thats why we use it,we SMOKE it.:eek:

6. You dont gotta flush it out.. it'll come out on its own during the cycle :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I use ANs Bud Blood and Big Bud,who makes this stuff?

8. No clue, and seeing as Advanced Nutrients says they've got some super stabilizer built into the new stuff they're supposed to be unveiling soon I don't really see myself using this stuff anytime soon.

AN's done right by me so far, I'm not gonna fix what isn't broke.

9. Menstrual blood is for phosphorus dude. And no, I wasn't joking :D

10. That's just all kinds of wrong.

11. #11 grass69, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    Blossom Blood - Rambridge
    Hydro Boost - Green Planet
    Bud Blood - AN
    Blossom BLaster - Grotek

They are all the same 0-39-25. They all contain Gibberellic Acid. They are used when the flower are set and then you add it in two weeks later. So you feed twice 2 weeks apart.

12. Huh, learn something new every day. I think I'll just stick with my Bud Blood.

13. Are you sure about the Blossom Blood? From everything I know and what everyone here has said there's no NPK because it's not a nutrient.

I'm pretty sure that Blossom Blood is just a pH stabilizer - something any reasonably decent hydroponic nutrient already has onboard.

If you've got some different info on Blossom Blood let me know, I'd like to check it out too. I'm looking into some expansion in my grow room and I want to minimize the additional maintenance that'll require. Right now it looks like the pH/ppm perfect thing Advanced Nutrients is doing will fit the bill for me.

14. I find a good douching does well.
    (This technique is not advised due to the high risk of infection of an STD)

I always use the blood from a type 2 diabetic. That grows some chron chron shit.

15. Seriously? You're going to resurrect an over 3-years-dead thread to make distasteful jokes?

16. However I would said the joke was "distasteful". Pun intended.