Bloom Journal.. two weeks into 12/12

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BadKittySmiles, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Thanks so much for the warm welcome and all the kind words everyone, I'm very happy to be among my own kind again, it's been a while :)

2. Nice work, man.

3. It's not too closely guarded, lol :) My POG originally came from Flying Dutchman, the year it placed third in the Indica cup, 2002 or 03', so it was a good generation and time for the strain. I was friends with someone who worked closely with them at the time and was given two packs to trial. The year before I had been working with some Hog which had placed first.

I used the best Hog pheno I'd been working with for breeding with my first POG females, I'd killed off their male counterparts already and had finally managed to make a female Hog hermy for some pollen and couldn't wait to use it. She wouldn't hermy for me during her first bloom no matter how hard I crashed her PH or heated her up, so I had revegged and flowered her out again in her own closet, this time using heat, very acidic PH, and heavy doses of 'giberilic' acid (aspirin) in a foliar spray and root soak to stress her out (I even uncovered the light from my power strip to simulate a light-leak, lol) and eventually caused a few male flowers to appear. I've never had an unprovoked hermy from any of my strains using this method, the only other hermy's I've dealt with came from the occasional bagseed or, more rare, from first-generation store bought seeds.

I used the other pack of pure POG seeds in the next grow, grew them side by side with the Hog/POG, decided the cross worked better than expected together and started both a pure line which after many generations turned into Frost POG, and a cross that I bred back with better and better pure POGS the more I isolated their phenos, and came up with my POG 8 and POG 9.

4. + rep for the awesome plants and hash hope to see you around GC
    lol i might need help with my plants later ;):):smoke:

5. Thanks for the kind words StonerWulf, I like the feel of grasscity so I think I'll be sticking around :) I bought a friend his first glass pipe as a birthday gift from the GC store, that was nearly ten years ago, so it's about time I started frequenting the forums!

This was my first pure coco run, back in about 2004, using Aus-local organic nutrients. I'd done traditional hydro and soil for a while before run-to-waste coco, but I was impressed. The strain is called "Feralocity", it's an Australian clone-only that I later stress-forced to hermy for pollen to bring the genetics back over seas, but like most clone-only strains, I've yet to find a mother just like the original. Clone only's are usually rare finds in a line of varied genetics.

This was a clone of the original.. I actually took this photo to send to my own mother, lol, the stick figure was to show my height, but keep in mind I'm not very tall :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's badass.

I'm not even sure the phrase badass has enough emphasis to cover the badassitude of that plant. We need a more badass phrase for times like this.

I love the clone only's. Something about the idea of a single plant populating the world, like an aspen tree on steroids.

7. This is one of five or so buds of the same size that came from that plant (it's the one in the middle top in the full-plant photo, and shown in my avatar). There were several others just like her in the room that time, I can tell you in the same environment with the same nutes and schedule, no other strain ever grew or yielded quite like that lady, and none of her offspring have even come close. I only had about a thousand more watts in the room then, than I do now, and that was more for the wider space and coverage. I miss her, lol

Attached Files:

• bud.jpg
      bud.jpg
      File size:
      106.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. thanks for the run down on that! sounds like you've put some love into that cross and it really shows!

glad to hear your sticking around here we need more good growers/breeders such as yourself!

take it easy!

9. That is easily the most impressive flower I have ever seen at GC. Any guesses as to what it weighed after drying? Also, do you have any more pics of the harvest from that plant?

10. We weighed a few of them wet on a counter scale out of curiosity, if I remember right the five or six biggest buds were just over either 4 and a quarter, or 3 and a quarter pounds for the most part. So divided by four, pesimistically I'd say dry it must have weighed around 12 or 13 oz. The length didn't shrink much (usually doesn't) but it was a bit thinner when dried. Really superb dense buds, breaking one of those up made it seem like there was even more when it was all broken down and spread out in front of you. I had a strain more potent while I was there called Red Beard, but the feralocity is still a good buzz, very soothing, cerebral.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great to see a vet come to the city...

Your garden is very impressive bad kitty....lol

I think youll enjoy the city, I know I do...
    there are many veddy nice folks here....welcome .....

12. Thanks Budslinger, I feel right at home here among my own kind, this good and positive vibe here has been such a pleasent surprise, and a very nice alternative to some of the other online canna-communities I've been involved with more recently :)

And those are some nice looking nugs too, Greenrocket!

13. Hey there!

Thanks for cruisin through my grow man, appreciate the comments :)

Looks like you've got some great things on the horizon as well, looking forward to watching you do your thing man! :wave:

I think you'll find the City has more of a 'community' feel than a lot of other boards around. I've got accounts at a few and the attitude here is so much more chill and friendly.

14. It is definitely a chill and friendly place here, that's for sure! And a few other sites... not so much :p The net has changed a lot since I was moderating a few of the old forums.

I think a lot of it has to do with the good 'reputation' scheme here, one of the bigger old forums I worked for before it was shut down used a karmic based rep system much like this one.

I've been on some boards recently though, where people get rep, simply for posting a comment...!! Every post, equals more rep! Not the best way to go about it, not at all. That's a low blow from the people operating a forum, too, to encourage people to post as much as possible.

So of course in that situation, all the loudest, meanest, snarkiest people there, tend to 'get to the top' of the respect chain a lot faster. Much faster than the quiet, humble people who make comments only when necessary or to give positive reinforcement, rather than spreading a ton of negativity to improve their own self esteems and false reputation.

I took a few years off from modding after the sites I worked for closed down, and came back to find those sort of forums going around, so I gave up on online communities again for a while, then decided to try it out here. I'm really happy I did :)

15. hello badkitty,

bloody hell mate, you sure know how to grow a fat bud:p

im subscribed to your thread man, always good to pick up info from you experts here on gc.

peace
    eastman

16. Wow dude ur work is magifacint! Very sexy plants lol.

17. Thanks.

Feel free to check out what I am up to on Bud and plant updates.

I am having a really hard time keeping a thread afloat.

18. Post #47... that shit is 1 nug? seriously? that top? fuck a donkey dick, that shits a walrus wang

-edit-
    Err I did read stuff I swear... glad u like GC, and been a mod on other sites also, and this is the only one im still a mod at lol. The rep system u talk about where u gotta post to get rep... sounds like a mod nightmare haha

19. PS: I thought you were a female I am a bit disappointed BadKittySmiles :)

20. It really was a mod nightmare Diamond Rasta, I didn't get caught up working with them, I had bowed out of modding for a good 3 or 4 years by then. I kept a normal neutral member status over there. It seemed like everyone who wasn't being outright rude and cruel (including the mods!) had to be very timid and quiet, out of fear, most people who didn't already have a huge list of posts and rep hardly felt comfortable saying anything.

I did two stints posting grows with them, and was frustrated away both times, I hated seeing little fellows starting up their very first grows being harassed and tormented, especially by mods, that was my big issue over there.

I don't feel a hint of that happening here, with mods or members, everyone seems to be pretty upbeat and friendly and the humor is much less cruel, I don't see many misunderstandings happening here, at least among the members who I've seen posting a lot lately :)
    It's been a pleasure already, being around all you good folks, that's for certain!