Bloom Ferts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by godiva, Aug 20, 2006.

1. I'm on my first grow into third week of flower. Its doing remarkably well for a first attempt, I thought I'd pamper it a bit so I picked up a bottle of Canna Terra Flores from my local hydro shop, the NPK ratio is 10-9-19 (I'd previously been feeding with a double dose of 7-7-7 general plant fert from the local store). I'm not an mj expert by any means but I was under the impression tho that the P ratio should be the higher in flowering ferts, tho the bloke in the shop reckoned this was definitely the best stuff there was. Appreciated that everybody has personal preferences, but am i along the right lines with the P thing?

2. thats what i thought but that was just from looking at others talk about it and the npk ratios on the flowering fert bottles

3. Most flowering ferts have a higher P -- I use Schultz 10-52-10 for example. But it is true that plants need a boost of potassium (K) for flower as well, so go figure.

4. Ahh well. I'll use it anyway as its all I've got, worst case scenario is its probably better than no bloom booster. thanks for your input people :)