BLOOM BOOSTERS!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by WhiteGuy88, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Pole: what bloom booster has given you the best results and fattest buds

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've tested just about all the major brands for the local shops as well distributors and many are similar. Almost all bloom boosters contain a lot of phosphorus and a smaller amount of potassium. The problem is, your plant wants more potassium and less phosphorus. So most ratios of P and K are wrong in a lot of products. Also flowering plants go through different phases and because of this need different things at different times during the flowering cycle. I personally keep it simple and use black strap molasses and hydroplex as a lot of what I do now is breeding so unless I'm working on something that I'm trying to maximize yield at which point I'll use a product for each sub-phase of flowering. I will do something like this, at the onset I'll use Bud Ignitor. During peak bloom I'll use something with plenty of carbohydrates like Bud Candy or Hydroplex, then during late bloom I'll throw in something like Over drive. Finally at the end I'll use Flawless finish or something along that line. Now keep in mind this is not at all required, I'm just giving an example of a complete line up. For the most part hydroplex and molasses is my go to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. When exactly are these phases? And could i just split it up into 2 for starters? Like do half and half until im comfortable doing all 4 stages

4. Fast growing veg stage about 2 weeks

Stacking stage where it starts to build bud sites, I use kool bloom liquid.

Ripiening and finish stage final 2-3 weeks where you switch from cal mag to more of a mag sulfer. Kool Bloom dry during this stage.

Maybe more, just how I see it. Then again I have only used booster from GH. Thing lasts for a few years now only use such a small amount.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for the info, might try it on atleast one of my plants so i dont mess up to bad

6. If you do 1/8 tsp per gallon and stop use of the liquid when you start to use the dry. Don’t use it more then 3 weeks or can have fox tailing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alright, what do you ph your water to for budding

8. First stage is something like week 2-3, peak is after then a finishing product is for the flush. As I said it's up to you what you choose personally I think it's really over for a small hobby grow to use them all. To answer your question go get some hydroplex and a product called head masta by cx horticulture, (it is one product that I can honestly say I can tell a difference when using it) and call it a day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you for the advice! Maybe i can hit you up when i do my flip for some guidance?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm always happy to help where I can.

11. >SOG style, >6" nursery pots, >potting mix= peat, perlite, vermiculite,
    >granular hydro nutes applied at half strength every watering,
    grow formula until week 2 of flower, then bloom formula, some cal-mag plus from time to time (2-3 weeks)
    at the beginning of flower (0-2 wks in) i would top dress the pots with a little high P bat guano,

at that time i was regularly getting 12-16" dried and manicured buds weighing over one ounce each and as big as a one liter bottle at the bottom.!
    (30-40cm) long, (30-40g) dry weight

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow!! See thats the kind of experience im looking for, thank you for the info!! Will def have to give it a try

13. clones veg'd for 4-12 days and flower'd for 9-10 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Im going to try to do the 2 weeks veg from seeds and than straight into flower, have you done this yet?

15. I have an abundance of seeds, so would be no problem to plant 20 seeds and get bud like 3 months later, what you think?

16. in my opinion..... from seed 2 weeks is not long enough.
    at 2 wks old the young plants have not reached sexual maturity yet,
    inducing flower at this time could create more males or hemies.

i'd try to go at least 6-8 wks before clipping or flowering, this time varies from strain to strain.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alright thank you!!

18. I agree, I have done 12/12 from seed just to do it and it's really not worth it imo. If you want a short veg time you would be much better off even putting rooted clones straight 12/12 in a sog.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Im not quite on the cloning game yet, will get there soon though!! But alright, thanks guys for all the tips!! I feel like everybody here is my brother lol