Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blood tests - THC.... HELP.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stbernard808, Feb 19, 2005.

1. I know that you can get busted when you take a piss. Some of you know that i have been sick for like 2 weeks. Well a few days ago i went back to the doc and got alot of blood drawn and sent off to a lab to inspect why ive been sick. (im getting better now anyway they think its mono) but the point is... can they get THC from blood work?

2. yeah but can they pick up Thc while testing for other stuff?

3. no they wont pick it up testing for something else

4. Different tests go through different processes. Unless your blood is specifically designated for a drug/alcohol test, it won't be tested. What they're doing is checking your blood for diseases that can't just simply be diagnosed at the Dr.'s office (For example: Strep Throat, Mono, etc.).

They're not going to bother checking for drugs... Just things that would cause you to have whatever symptoms you've been having. You or your parent/gaurdian has to concent to a drug/alcohol test before one can be administered (unless it's for probation or something of the like).

They can't just give you a drug test without telling you, and if they did and found something there's nothing they can do about it anyway... Well, unless they want to get sued ;). So you can rest easy knowing your secret's safe, LOL.

5. lol blood tests

6. Even if they got THC from the bloodtest, why does it better? Should only matter if it's for a job.

7. of if their parents find out:rolleyes:

8. If you smoked 2-3 days before you had blood drawn, it would show up in a blood test. But THC is metabolized and leaves the blood stream after a few days. Then it is only present in urine, hair, fat cells, etc.

If you did smoke a few days before they drew blood, they would potentially be able to find THC in your blood, but the tests for THC are very specific, especially when it's a blood test. I'm fairly certain that they tests they'd do to see the reasons why you're sick won't show any THC.

9. lol. u guys are so high u didnt even realize how old this thread i bumped was.

lololol :smoking: