Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Fucked In The Head, Apr 29, 2014.

1. #1 Fucked In The Head, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    Okay so I know you're probably not medical professionals but I just tried calling my Dr and unfortunately they just closed so maybe you guys can offer me some reassurance here. I've been checking my blood pressure the last couple days in the morning and evening and it's been great. Always around 115-125 over 70-80 with a pulse anywhere from 50-70. Barely changes from the sitting to standing position.

Anyways today I woke up at 9, had a smoothie with some vitamins and went to the gym. I just started working out again. Anyways I did maybe an hour of cardio. When I got home I felt hungry as fuck and kind of weak. I sat down and took my blood pressure and it was the lowest I've ever seen it. It was like 105/70 pulse 69. I took it like 4x and one time it even said 98/68.

So I'm sort of worried at this point. I ate half a sandwich and some chips. I no longer felt hungry. I checked it again a few times and now it's back to normal 115/76 pulse 60 which is textbook perfect.

I'm just wondering why it would be so low after a lot of exercise? I'm hoping my BP rises like it's supposed to when I exercise. Maybe I should check that. I'm also not currently smoking any weed.

Thanks for any help I get.

2. First off I resent the statement assuming theres no medical professionals. I am a nurse thank you very much :)
    I had 2 questions. Are you taking it on the left side or right side? The left side is always a better reading considering your heart is on that side. And are you using a blood pressure wrist cuff? When ever the batteries are low in those you always get innaccurate readings.

Now anyways I would definatly see your doctor anyways just because this could be an early sign on heart disease. But I doubt it. A stress test can determine this tough.

the low blood pressure could be from a sudden change in posture while exercising, like when the head rises from below the heart, but it can happen when the head is level with the heart. The reason it happens is that circulation (blood pressure) isn't forceful enough to return adequate blood to the brain and so there is a moment you have some dizziness.

Any sudden postural changes during exercise when your head is below or level with your heart is a risk for low blood pressure. A lot of excersizes cause this like bench press and sit-ups. I would just be more cautious when changing postures or take time to cool off.
    I hope that helps :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It's definitely not heart disease. I'm only 21 and eat very healthy. I took it on the left side with a wrist one and the batteries are brand new. I've tested my recovery heart rate also and it's really good. It drops around 50 bpm within the first 2 minutes.

4. What excersizes do you do?

5. I just ran. Ironically I just noticed the low battery ndicator flashing so maybe that was the problem idk. I put new batteries in it and I'm getting perfect numbers like 115/75 both sitting and standing.

6. I think I'm probably fine. I checked it right when I woke up this morning before eating anything and it was 115/72 pulse 60 while sitting and 117/79 pulse 64 standing and 124/82 pulse 66 standing.

7. Those blood pressure cuffs can be unreliable sometimes. I would blame the battery

8. #8 Fucked In The Head, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah. I checked it probably 8 times today and the lowest I got was 109/69 which is apparently really good. The pressure barely changed from the sitting to standing position. The majority of the readings were always right around 115/75. The highest reading I got all day was 132/82 and that was right after I ate.