Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

blood pressure and ganja

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ismokereg, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Idk if this is a thread already but I was tired of looking lol. But o was diagnosed with high blood pressure 2 years ago. I could feel when my pressure shot up. My ears would burn and so would my face. But I lost weight and started smoking often and I haven't had no more problem. In fact I quit taking my meds a year ago. So I got to ask does it help lower blood pressure because I've always heard it raises it

2. Idk I've been an everyday toker for about 5 years now and my blood pressure is 120 over 60. Idk if that's good, I think it is but I know its not high.

3. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']Idk I've been an everyday toker for about 5 years now and my blood pressure is 120 over 60. Idk if that's good, I think it is but I know its not high.[/quote]

Yeah.dude that's like perfect.

4. Cool I was pretty sure I was good

Working out and eating right is the key. You've been doin it and look what happened. Just stay active and you should have nothing to worry about

5. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels in the body. However, it does increase the heart rate.

It is also an anti-inflammatory. So, it will start working on any inflammation in the body. If there is narrowing of blood vessels due to plaque or being inflamed, it will help with blood flow.

M

6. I have neurocardiogenic syncope, which means my heart rate drops then quickly jumps when I change positions from lying/sitting/standing. However when I toke up, (depending on the strain) my vitals stay at 80/120 which is pretty good for me. The endocannabinoid system regulates the blood flow/heart...perhaps it's replacing cannabinoids we lack?

7. loosing weight is what brought your down..
    Ive had high bp for 30 years... I have to take meds...
    I lost some weight earlier this year and mine was way down...
    Doc liked it..lmao

8. Same here YODA.

I still have to take the meds but my pressure has dropped down to 119/72.

9. Has edibles done better for anyone vs smoking/vaping?

10. it is claimed that marijuana lowers blood pressure by dilating your blood vessels as an anti-inflammatory, however it can increase the heart rate