Blood Meal And Cottonseed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KingCityKush, Jun 26, 2014.

1. So I purchased this to correct my soil ph was around 8.0ph but still have good looking plants. How often should I apply this? I have 10 gallon smart pots I added 7table spoons each to 1 plant. 3tso each to another, and 2 tsp to the last plant. So how often should I apply these organic fertz?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403751680.053388.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403751694.054072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. wouldn't use cottonseed meal they don't grow the cotton organically anywhere they get covered in pesticides. also dry ammendments like that need to be mixed into your soil at proper ratios, wetted down and allowed to cycle for four weeks minimum cant just throw unbroken down organic matter on a plant it will burn it unless you topdress at light amounts but its way more effective broken down in your soil to plant useable form by the microbiology present. id suggest heading to the organics section and start reading. beginners soil mix thread is where I would start.

4. #4 BrassNwood, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Blood meal is a debated soil amendment at best.. Cotton meal isn't recommended at all as it's the most pesticide sprayed crop of all being a non food item.. I'm surprised to see an organic anything on that one..

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html/page-1

This is a great thread to get you started.. And very active one as well..
    Look around the organic section for more good reads.. If you want to top dress existing plants try some EWC..(earth worm casting)
    Kelp meal = Hydro store might have.. Alfalfa meal = pet stores will have this as rabbit pellets

LOL RD.. fancy seeing you posting much the same advice..

5. great minds think alike and yeah good call on blood I choose not to use it, I prefer plant based meals like kelp, and alfalfa which because they are both biodynamic accumulators can grow a plant on their own as they contain all the nutrients needed for plant life as well as growth hormones...