Blinnnggg Blinggginn

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2012.

1. #1 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    I am a guy who collects, buys and sells jewelry and I am looking for some unbiased opinions, feedback, anideas..As well as an outlet to show and share my finds, your finds and Items I would love to collect. .

I am in the process of starting up my own little jewelry making and selling business, and a few online storefronts on various sites. I wanna know a few things that will help me out and feed my curiosity!!

So how much of GC is iced out and blingggin :smoking: 
     No really, Who here wears jewelry, real or not, vintage costume or fine custom made, silver or gold, platinum or palladium?
    How about Ethnic or tribal styles?

What are yall rockin and stuff, whats your favorite styles, stones, any of that.
    I have seen pleanty of sweet looking "earthy" style jewelry, a lot of sterling silver and natural stones, rope and beads, from simple to extremely ornate. Cheap to out of this world pricey... I have also seen a ton of "gangsta" or "hip hop" style jewelry around and some of it is so extreme that I doubt much could possibly be real gold or even silver. I have seen like three that were real, and even then only had CZ rather than diamonds, and it was still extremely expensive. Do any of you Blades or Bladies rock stuff like that?

As a collector who buys and sells jewelry and I would imagine that with todays prices, there is much less demand for an expensive real gold or silver item of actual value that will last generations, than an item that looks like a million bucks for 2 months and then is done and useless after its purpose was served, with zero scrap or metal value. Does that matter to people anymore?
    I see Sterling rings in Belk and NEX catalogs and they are priced at like 150-250$ each, and well shit man, I think that is a lot of money. Would you guys or gals rather a 75$ used ring, buffed, cleaned and polished out to look new, or a 150$ brand new ring that is basically the same?

TLDR; LEMME SEE YOUR BLING, YOUR OPINIONS ON JEWELRY AND WHAT YOU WEAR, LIKE, OR ONE DAY WANT TO GET.

2. my jesus piece has a jesus piece...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not sure if watches are what you're looking for.

My only piece of "jewelry" (not my pic though)

[​IMG]

4. I used to rock these, not exactly "jewelry", I guess. Getting into plugs and tunnels might not be a bad idea for business.
    [​IMG]

5. That's a pretty nice watch! Bet it set you back a few hundred didn't it. I like watches a lot, I personally have a few Timex and Omegas with watch tips a lot like:
    [​IMG]

Native American, Navajo styling. Sterling Silver and turquoise and often coral, lapis, onyx and gold.

Now those are pretty cool too. Neat how they chose to set a stone inside of the plugs. They look like they are wooden..? Are they real diamonds? Or simulated with CZ or glass or something? Those wouldn't be a bad Idea if people whom wear them come to check my stuff out. I collect a lot of Vintage and antique, so this is the opposite end of the spectrum, but the opposite end could prove useful:smoking:

Thanks for the Input guys, pretty cool stuff.

6. Gucci is the King of Ice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Burrr!

7. I wear a chain, silver, or gold is cool too. [​IMG]
    Somethign like the one too the left

8. diamonds on my baby stroller

9. I have a silver chain I wear maybe twice a week :smoking:
    a watch I never break out

10. I wear a diamond earring ..

that's it

11. #11 Spoogett, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    They're CZ, and supposedly high quality wood. Omerica Organic makes them, I believe they cut deals to people who want them in their stores(if you buy enough sets). I paid around $140 for mine I think. Yeah though, it might not be a bad idea, shit's getting pretty popular these days.

12. #12 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah, thats what I mean, Maybe his are real, hes rich as fuck, but I still wouldn't be shocked if all that is fake either.
    That frosted flakes box is almost dumb. Like what a waste of money lol.

Nice! Its a Classic Italian style Figaro Chain. Always Nice. I have a sterling one like that but its too big for me, I am too short and its like 23-24''.

What style chain? I have a 14k Rope chain I do the same as you with...Maybe 2 times a week I wear it.
    Just one? That's it? What ctw is the Diamond, do you know?

I wear a 10k pointer finger ring, and a sterling middle finger ring and sometimes a pinky. Sterling pins on my hat, and a little gold sword pin too.

13. #13 SativaShark, Nov 27, 2012
    Hey, I remember us talking about this before. :wave:

I'm attaching a few examples of things I've gotten for myself or had bought for me in the past few years on eBay. Everything cost less than $50, some of it substantially so, but I know several of those items, if sold in stores, would retail for a lot more. I have several favourite stores I shop in locally for the same sorts of items, and the prices are much higher.

For me I prefer value and uniqueness over 'prestige', so I'd rather buy something less expensive, but also less common, than something from Ye Olde Pretentious Store that costs a fortune but no one would know to look at it because it is a cookie cutter of what everyone else is wearing.

Edit: Also, I really dislike diamonds/clear stones/cz as a personal choice for myself. I like to show my true colours with a rainbow of stones! :D

Attached Files:

14. I myself like to wear custom home made jewlery. Mainly because I don't like to wear what everyone else is wearing, I like to be unique and stand out so I make my own jewlery. This piece here was actually from a fancy water thermometer that had broken, I took one of the little bulbs and put it on a necklace. People are always asking me what it is and where I got it lol

The second one is another one I made that can also double as a weapon. I took the metal weight block out of an old non working airsoft gun , drilled a small hole in it then took apart a bullet and put the tip through it. It's actually pretty heavy and it looks baddass too

So if your gonna get into the jewlery game, try and make unique stuff man.

Attached Files:

15. #15 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012

Damn, That seems a lot for some wood and CZ's, but then again, retail is retail. I would hope they did a wholesale price like you said. I figure I could make those, or something quite similar for pretty decent prices too. I want to appeal to more than just old snooty silver collectors ya know?

Those are beautiful, and a good bit like some of the stuff I have. The workmanship is simple and elegant, and clearly natural stones. Looks like Garnets and Peridot, Malachite green cabs, and maybe some kind of quartz..That last one looks like a Labradorite, one of my favorite stones like that, with the blue flash like a moonstone...The items Have a modern feel to some classic looks. Again, those type items sell for a lot in a retail setting, but like you said, can be had at a good deal from some places, I hope to stock a wide variety of things like that. But that is a hell of a bargain for alll of that for under 50$

Hell yeah man, that is cool as hell. Never woulda thought there were so many people interested in this kinda stuff. But about the uniqueness, I am getting into metal clays so that ought not be a problem. I posted a picture of the first ring I made a while back, did you see it? If not, Check her out, Shes pretty simple, but still unique IMO. Made from 2 sterling silver earrings and a "Mystic Topaz" I don't like the rock, but its what I had at the moment, and everyone else I know likes the rock so fuck what I think.

[​IMG][/IMG]

I get your point, and yeah I tend to be a crafty motherfucker so I do things like "add this" here and there to drab things to brighten them up.
    I have about 30ft of sterling wire I use for wrapping and hand made stuff. I am gonna consider your thermomalace next time I am thinking of some crafty designs. :hello:

16. Good eye, but the malachite/quartz earrings are actually supposed to be malachite/moonstone, they just didn't have the very nice bluish tinge that really good moonstone has. Still lovely with their translucent, milky sheen, though.

But yes, quite a bit of bargains on eBay, though I'm always taking a risk that something is too good to be true in terms of authenticity. On the other hand, I'm perfectly willing to pay those kinds of prices for quality costume jewellery too, so for me it's really a win/win situation.

Some items consistently have their prices skyrocket in bidding wars, though.

Necklaces of this design can have starting bids of $0.99 and regularly boost themselves up past the $100 mark and even up into the $200 range. So if you did want something that I have always seen disappear rapidly in great clouds of money, then you might want to get your hands on some of these in various stones. :D

17. I wear a gold chain with a cross & jesus that my grandpa had for like 50 years

18. Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure but they looked milky like you said and, no blue tinge viable. Still really nice either way. Has any of it come and turned out to be just plated? or not even Sterling? That is my only worry with some of the sellers on the bay. That is where I guess the whole "used" jewelry comes into play. I can test everything before I buy it, still get wholesale prices or better, and being and amateur jeweler helps because I can restore things to like new. Soon I will be able to "bulk buy" chains and things too tedious from some distributors, but everything else, I plan on making myself.

I want to make two lines of .999 fine silver jewelry. One with .999 Silver and 21-22k gold Indian Fanam coin rings and bracelets and things. I think the bright white of the fine Silver will look great with the deep yellow of the antique 17-1800's Mini 21k and 22k gold coins from India.
    Then I want to "roll" .999 Fine Silver rings in 22k native nuggets and flakes on the top. Some designs are lined and patterned like a mosaic and inlaid. I wish I could paint a better mental image, but If you google search 22k nugget rings, you'll get the idea.....I want to make my own variations, and a bit more "interestingly" designed.... All marketed as "Investment Quality" Jewelry and sell it for X% Over spot or melt value so people can actually invest in fine gold and silver without breaking the bank.

I like the classics like that, nothing beats getting pop's old chain and cross when you grow up, family heirlooms are usually really nice and well made, if its that old, it is deffinately made with a quality you don't see everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pretty badass skill!

20. I have some gold teeth