blink 182 back together

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by chronic pain, Feb 9, 2009.

1. "Hi. We're blink-182. This past week there've been a lot of questions about the current status of the band, and we wanted you to hear it straight from us. To put it simply, We're back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again. Friendships reformed. 17 years deep in our legacy.

Summer 2009.

Thanks and get ready..."

-website

they also made an appearence on the grammys today for the first time in years. ima blaze to that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVSd1Dmbwm4"]YouTube - Blink 182 at the grammys[/ame]

2. Glad to see there back.

3. dude thats fucking crazy

4. Wow when I was watching the grammys last night I couldn't belive my eyes. Blink is back

and I am so excited, the music will be different there is no doubt about that. But how can

you not be excited about them making music again, hopefully we get a tour out of it too!

5. "In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again."

they are touring.

6. Well apparently my reading skills decline when im stoned haha. Awesome! I will pay a lot

of weed money to go see a show.

7. Chance they will make an appearance at some Warped Tour dates perhaps?

8. #8 When??, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    Lol I was going to make this thread last night but didn't think anyone on GC was into Blink .This is awsomeness meets the sex.... Even better than that. I miss Dammit and Josie though, like alot. They were like my brother and sister. Dammit is my favorite song ever when I'm stoned. I was listening to it today and I thought it was the chorus part(It's happened once again), but there weren't any words.. Then I realized that it was on the main riff part. Slow Mo Blink ftw.

Wait, no Reckless Abandon is the best song when I'm stoned. The verses sound so magical... Like I hear things that aren't there but they just fit so perfectly. The lines in the second verse always make me smile though. "Eyes are red, movements slow, too high got vertigo!". Everytime I smoke by myself at the house I go take a shower and listen to it over and over in the shower. His voice sounds sort of like Gohan...

9. this would have been cool back in 6th grade but con, its Blink-182. They are a very mediocre and immature band. Listen to some good "alternative" music like the Clash or something.. just not blink

10. No fucking way. I thought this thread was going to be bullshit but wow its fuckin for real! Blink was my favorite band growing up I had all their albums this is siiiick!

11. I'll never understand this. I mean I see how you can get that from their interviews or running naked, but 90% of their songs are serious, and the other 10% were intended for humor. Their main focus in writing is actually decent enough, even if in a teen's state of mind manner.

12. i won't say they weren't one of those mediocre bands who all the immature little kids listened to, but hey man, they were pretty fucking legendary, i mean everyone know's who blink 182 is.
    and they were very original, you gotta give them that.

and just the fact that they're getting back together over a 4 year indefinite hiatus, that's pretty damn shocking.

i thought they just fell off the map and no one thought they were gonna come back.

but hey, they did, and i think that's something worth thinking about.

13. Haha, that's pretty sweet. To date my favorite album from them has always been the mark, tom, and travis show. I had a funny feeling after Travis was involved in that plane crash and they mentioned talking with one another and getting a different perspective on shit.

14. FUCK YES! My first concert was a Blink concert when I was like 12. I am fucking psyched to see that they will be touring.

I just think it's sad that if the whole plane crash never happened, Tom wouldn't talk to Travis and Mark and vise virsa.

15. I've heard that Blink-182 wrote all of their songs on ecstasy, although I don't know how true that is, but based on their lyrics, I could sorta believe it.

16. Am I the only one who is not excited at all by that. I mean I liked them before I realized I like actual good music. I like punk rock etc. But this band is just a bunch of MTV hype imo. I'm not trying to troll this thread at all just voicing my thoughts. I mean come on Tom was in some pretty horrible bands and that voice is just so ... annoying.

17. I too listen to much better music than blink now. However thinking back on all the good

times I've had with friends listening to them, I am super excited. While this album will most

likely be worse than Untitled, I'm looking forward to see what direction they go in and also

hopefully catch a concert. Blink reminds me of doing dumb stuff when I was younger and

that is what I love about them.

18. As a drummer, and a big fan of metal, I must say Travis Barker is a very over-rated drummer.

19. yes he is very over rated, but he still was pretty damn good back in the day.
    i don't know about know, on the +44 album he was ok. but he was better back when blink was the shit.
    but he made it up there to like the top ten.

20. I like Scott better, I think perhaps just because of the style they played with Scott as opposed to their newer stuff. I agree though, their last album was a piece of dog shit and hopefully they don't go that extreme this time. Even if they do, I'll still go to a concert just to see their old songs. But they're going to have a huge setlist... I mean they have 17 off their greatest hits. I know some of them won't get played but damn... Personally, as long as they play Reckless Abandon, Dammit, and What's My Age Again, I'll be cool. I'll actually probably go sober for them.