"Blind" belief versus Non confirmist Belief

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Jul 22, 2018.

1. What are your thoughts about people who believe in God but admit that they do not know for sure that God is the ultimate truth? I know that people who simply profess belief in God without any logical reasoning beyond "it says it in the bible" or "look at the sunset today it's obvious God created this" tend to provoke negative reactions in people. Do you get the same provocation from people who are somewhat you could say... less ignorant?

2. I suspect that there are many aspects of God that people find truth in.

Some logical

Some experiential

Some emotional

I like what Ravi Zacharias says about this, iirc something along the lines that truth should have

Logical consistency
    Empirical adequacy
    Experiential relevance

People talking about experiencing miracles doesnt persuade the logical thinker, and the logical thinker doesn't convince the experiencer by logical arguments.

3. I just find it hard to believe life can be this complex and a higher being wasn't involved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's not about facts, it's about faith.

5. Not only faith, but choice aswell. You have the make the conscious decision to recognize how God is acting in your life and choose to follow His good will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I believe in God 100%. I confirm Him just as much as I confirm any other theory. Who am I to confirm God. I only see personal evidence which I personally interpret as evidence from Him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. In Luke Chapter 6 Jesus explained this with a metaphor about a man who built his house. He dug deep and laid his foundation on solid rock and built the house. When the seasonal flood waters rose, the stream pounded against his house, but it did not move because it was built on rock.
    Then there was the man who built his house on the earth, and when the seasonal flood waters rose the stream pounded against the house and caused severe damage.

A person who blindly believes/follows "anything" at all is building their faith on a shaky foundation. When the flood waters rise, it will have a hard time surviving the current.

That's my thoughts on blind faith.

• Like Like x 1