Blimburn OG Kush Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by thestash27, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Sup guys, how are we all? Just dropping in with a few pics of my grow so far. She's 5 weeks into veg and I'm using the Gas Lantern light schedule. She pumping out TONS of tops, and is super thick and bushy!

I'm trying to fill out the entire tent, but it seems like it might take a while. I've been bending the branches back on a daily basis to encourage outward growth and have snapped a few branches in the process.

Any tips or advice is welcome! Oh and for those who are wondering, it's a 1m x 1m tent, 600W HPS cool tube with a growlush globe which has enhanced blue spectrum. I took these photos when the light was starting up... It starts off blue then once the light has warmed up, it goes red. Cheers![​IMG][​IMG] 1460892197204.jpg [​IMG] 1460892235686.jpg

2. I'd seriously start thinking about thinning out your foliage to allow more light and air penetration. Looks like a powdery mildews best friend if your humidity climbs and you get condensation between the leaves. Thin them out a bit and you will see even more growth due to the extra light penetration beyond the top canopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the tip, I'm in the process of making a screen. But you're right, I find water building up between leaves. The branches are getting tangled. I do have a fan blowing directly on the plant, gently, to help evap the moisture.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Also, looking at your lower leaves I would dare to say you are overwatering a bit as well. See how they are a little limp and the leaf material between the veins is poofed up a bit? I bet if you grabbed the leaf it would feel cold and a little damp. Decrease the watering schedule a bit and don't water again until your pot feels really light. Overwatering will lead to excess moisture being expelled from the leaves which will also contribute to mold issues. You are doing good for having the fan on the plant, don't be afraid to set it to a little higher than the low setting. You want every leaf to have its own envelope of air around it and be dancing in the wind from the fan. I know it can seem counterproductive when you are first growing to chop on your plants a bit but don't be afraid to thin her out. Hope you have an awesome finish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the tip with the fan, I'll be setting it to a higher speed. Also for the watering schedule, well uh, it's kinda turned into DWC. It started as top drip feed, but the roots have made their way into the lower tank and now they're in water 24/7. I know exactly what you mean about the limp leaves and excess water. Any way to combat that, despite it being a DWC now? I also set up a screen to start doing a scrog. Thanks for your help btw.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Probably a silly question, but would placing another fan below the canopy do the trick for evaporating all the moisture due to the roots being submerged? Cheers. :)

7. You are on the right track with your thinking. I always run multiple fans both above and below the canopy. I've found running them below really helps with the mold issues. As for the excess watering...since it is dwc you will need to focus on expelling the excess moisture from the room so that the leaves have a relative humidity gradient to dump to. If the humidity in the room is too high, the leaves cannot expel the excess moisture and you will deff be looking at mold/PM issues later on. Crank up the exhaust fan and make sure you intake air is nice and dry. Cheers.

8. Thanks for the tip, I've since placed my fan under the canopy to try and get air movement through the branches and it seems to be working. I also have started defoliating the leaves to make it less crowded.

Also, I don't know why she's taking so long to grow. She's 2 months into veg now. I installed the screen about 2 weeks ago. I'm just going to have to hang in there and be patient, since I want to fill out the entire tent. I dont have any good pics of her since I'm bending branches every 2 days. But here's a few pics anyway. I really want to get close to a pound at the end. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]