Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blending weed into Oil after Straining to Maximize Potency?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WhoaChill, Jun 7, 2018.

?

When making edibles, after making oil, should you put keep or remove the plant material?

1. Keep Weed in Oil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Take Weed out of Oi

100.0%
  1. The general consensus with baking cannabis with oil is that the weed used in infusion is to be discarded afterwards, but I've seen some people say that you can keep it and make a tea, inferring that there is still some THC left. So, I was wondering how much just blending that plant material into the infused oil will affect the potency of whatever you make? I've never not left the weed in the recipe because I didn't want to waste money. I would put decarbed cannabis in a crock-pot for at least 8 hours, and then just put that oil and weed into whatever recipe I was cooking. Everytime we got blasted, at times too high if we overestimated our tolerance. It, however, kind of left a shitty smell/taste, even after removing water. My question mainly boils down to how much the plant material would effects potency after a 12-24 hour crockpot infusion? Any answers soon would be greatly appreciated. Thanks buds.

2. If you want to make maximum use of your herb, and your stomach can tolerate it, then don't strain after decarb.
    Strained oils are only about 30-60% efficient at incorporating thc, unstrained oils 100%.
    https://hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-results/
    https://www.leafly.com/news/science...abis-edibles-why-its-nearly-impossible-to-cal

My favorite method is to add decarbed herb powder to the oil of a cookie/brownie mix, and bake. I just had 3 mini-muffin size snickerdoodle cookies made this way, and tasted no herb.

Capsules can be made by cooking some lecithin into the oil before encapsulating.
    BrassNwood's recommendation of 20 min @ 220 F, then freeze, than another heating makes potent caps/oil.

• Like Like x 1